Morgan Stanley Registered Client Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Registered Client Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with the branch manager in advance who called me back when the role I currently have became available. I had a 40 minute phone interview and was asked to come in for an in-person meeting. I then met with my current boss. He was decisive, the interview lasted about 30 minutes. I then met with compliance for a confirmation interview on Friday (the next day) and was offered the job on Sunday. There wasn't much time to give an answer.

Interview Questions

• What value add would you be to the team? Why do you want this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered the salary cap for this position, so there wasn't any negotiation. When I requested a relocation stipend, I was denied because I was willing to move for the job, not transferred.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Registered Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2015.

Interview

It was straight forward questions about customer service experience. They asked about my previous experience and where I would see myself in 5 years. They compared the environment to a meritocracy. That was a fancy way of saying that you will be working long hours but you will get in trouble if you log it in as overtime. They stressed that although you will work over 12 hours, you will not get paid overtime even though your are entitled to it. The hiring manager asked if I was comfortable with lying and if I would be okay with doing some of his personal tasks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when client was unhappy and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Registered Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2014.

Interview

First was a call for a short phone interview to go over my resume. Then scheduled a face to face for the following week where I met with about 5 different people within the office. After that I got a call a week later to come in for a second interview at the actual location of the position they were looking to fill. Never head from them afterward.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over someone who has 10 more years experience than you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 Financial Advisors and a Junior Advisor, then came back for a second interview to meet the other Client Service Associate on the team to make sure that we would work well together. Overall very simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't difficult. They asked about my experience and if I planned to stay for more than a year.   Answer Question

Registered Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2013.

Interview

Got my job through networking and meeting one of the FAs. Interviewed with the FA team, the Branch Manager, and the client service manager. Standard interview questions - what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses. where will you be in 5 years.

Registered Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I was hired at a time when they were on a hiring spree so it wasn't a rigorous process. I was already licensed and had some experience so was welcomed. They even took some people that hadn't been licensed.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything unexpected in this interview. I would say this was fairly typical, a good opportunity to meet the managers and let them know who I was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Tampa, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Very easy, 3 or 4 questions. Panel interview with a few of the managers. Asked how I heard about the job, what my goals were, why I wanted to take the position. Sat down with them for around 15-20 minutes. Very easy going.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Met with Financial Advisors and then with the Branch Manager's Assistant who functions as "HR" in a sense, on a second day where I was given an offer. The interview was about two weeks from the original call I received from the branch. Started two weeks after that. Four weeks from call to start date.

Interview Questions

• Really nothing- I was the one who asked the more in depth questions and it surprised them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate 10% more than originally offered, plus bonuses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

When phoned to set up the interview I was instructed to 'dress appropriately for a business office.' I have many years experience dealing with high-net worth clients, and know how to look. Did they expect me to show up in a bathing suit and flip-flops?! This was the first warning flag.

Early on in the interview I got the impression that I was just being interviewed so the hiring manager could report back to HQ that she had spoken with x number of candidates, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, etc. etc.
    Very easy questions, real softballs. That was the giveaway that she wasn't really interested.

Registered Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

2 interviews with different members of my future team

Interview Questions

• "I'm not sure I really know you, do I want to know you?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.