Morgan Stanley Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Conshohocken, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

First Round interview very casual over the phone with a team manager that lasts about 30 minutes. The team manager described the role mostly and asked some behavioral questions. Second Round was another phone interview with a Portfolio Management Associate in the branch. Similar to the first round in describing the role, a run through the resume, some fit questions. Third Round was 4 in person interviews with various employees for about 30 minutes each. Asked about Morgan Stanley and more fit questions, more resume questions. Fourth and last round was an interview with the 2 principals which I did not receive.

Interview Questions

• What about Morgan Stanley interests you and why do you want to work here in particular?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Lots of focus on personality. What did you do as extra curriculars, what do you enjoy, what do you dislike.
    Have good reasons for why sales and not trading, why you don't want to work in IB etc. Questions were more about getting you to think on your feet, less IB style 'memorize this equation and recite it'. Lots of questions about current events, would make sense to read up on some bloomberg stuff ahead of time.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Francisco, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Met with four managers and finally a senior manager, all of whom were very professional and approachable. They each conducted approximately a 10 to 15 minute interview individually and concluded by letting me ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in the past where you had to deal with an obstacle at work and how did you overcome it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I spoke with an executive director who was a mutual connection and they brought me in their offices for an interview a week later. Spoke with 3 separate executive directors and were asked behavioral questions about me, my past and then questions about my thoughts on the market. Each interview was a one on one experience. No question was overly difficult, they were concerned about your people skills and if you were genuinely interested in private wealth management

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yori (Papua New Guinea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Yori (Papua New Guinea)) in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was very interesting and I enjoyed it a lot. At the same time, it was also a very difficult process. So it is better to have applied to many jobs.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with about 5 different people in the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not so much