Morgan Stanley Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and the entire process took about 3 months. The interview consisted of meeting with the team leader of every group that I would have to interact with. I was asked specific questions as it related to the function I would be performing, They presented case scenarios and I was expected to provide a detailed response on how I would resolve.

Interview Questions

• I was asked specific questions regarding on the type of database I was working on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate sign on bonus

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

phone interview went well and personal interview is good. salary offer is low

Interview Questions

• why do you leave current job?   1 Answer
    • why do think you are fit for this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

not easy

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Took almost 3 months for all interviews, but the interviews as fair and clear. No complains. 3 initial interview by phone, 4 interview face to face and another interview by phone.

Interview Questions

• Java related questions even though the it was a perl position. The interview was a long time ago and today's interview are very different.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Data structure and Algorithms. They have a phone interview and then a screening interview followed by an on-site interview. Overall, a good experience, Would definitely reccomend to anyone who is interested. Do give a it a try

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Although the interview process was very lengthy (8-9 rounds) but all of them were to the point. Interviewers were very clear of the role for which they were interviewing and asked only specific questions.

Interview Questions

• What made me think of joining Morgan Stanley and not any other bank.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Up to the mark and very much in favor of employee.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2016.

Interview

1st Round: 2 programs on paper
    2nd Round: Fully on Java Concepts
    3rd round: Complete Data structure
    4th round: Managerial Round + Technical
    5th Round: Nominal Hr
    6th round: Main HR

All things were well organised.

Interview Questions

• write a program which will find element such that a[i] = i with less than O(n) complexity.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Lengthy process and many stages of interview. Overall experience was good. The Interviewers were all very knowledgeable and friendly. Initial interview was hiring manager and different interviews with other teams.

Good

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Pune (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

It was good.
    Initially we had a hacker rank programs to solve. There were three programs to be solved and few MCQs.
    Upon clearing this had two telephonic technical rounds.
    After that one face to face professional fitment round which includes technical as well as behavioral questions.
    On the same day got a call regarding the selection.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

very structured process.

Interview Questions

• implement thread safe without synchronized keyword   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

Initially had 1 written test on Interviewstreet which consist of 5 objective quest and 3 programming quest and test duration was 1 hour.,then I had 3 tech telephonic rounds spanning through multiple days.After this called for f2f discussion,had 2 tech rounds(including hiring manager) and then HR.

Negotiation

Not much of negotiation.They offered based on my number of years of exp.