Find jobs for Senior Associate

Morgan Stanley Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 26 of over 4.8K interviews

Recruiter21%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Morgan Stanley

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

Went through the whole interview process which was about 5 interviews meeting with various members of the team. All went well. It had been about a month and I get an email from an internal recruiter asking if I’m interested in an analyst role (which is a reduction in level), and I advised I was still waiting to hear about the role I already interviewed for. Next day I get an automated email saying I wasn’t selected. Not even from the recruiter I was working with, it was like the automated email when you apply for a role and aren’t selected to even interview. So unprofessional and disappointing especially for the amount of time put in by both parties.

Interview Questions
  • Situational questions like give me a time when ...
    Answer Question

Morgan Stanley

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

The application process is fairly simple with applying for jobs through taleo website and then visiting office for interviews. Total 7 rounds of interviews with questions ranging from the written test, coding evaluation to behavioral and finally discussion with HR.

Interview Questions
  • 7 rounds of interviews with questions ranging from the written test, coding evaluation to behavioral

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bangalore) in Mar 2021

Interview

I applied in month of March 2021. The interview had 4 rounds and 1 hr round which were all done in a day. Most of the questions were related to Java concepts especially the collection framework. Questions were mostly related to scenarios to your knowledge about the basic concept of collection and its working. Data structure questions like 2 sum problem, create word wrap program, linked list questions.

Interview Questions
  • 2 sum problem Word wrap program How hashmap works (scenario based questions) Multithreading Spring Framework garbage Collection working

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai) in Sep 2020

Interview

Got the opportunity through the referral of a friend in Sept 2020. They take 1 Hackerrank test and 4 interviews in total. Every round is an elimination round and all rounds were help on Zoom and over telephonic call. IMHO HRs are little slow and follow ups are very slow.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bangalore) in Apr 2020

Interview

Had four rounds of interview with manager and senior manager, and also included HR round. Highly technical knowledge required to crack it. Be prepared with basic journal and financial questions for fresher and for Senior detailed process knowledge required

Interview Questions
  • Performance fees calculation and rate

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Milwaukee, WI) in Jun 2019

Interview

Very long interview and hiring process. It took approximately 5 months from beginning to onboarding. Several layers of interviews with different associates and management. Overall a positive experience. One member of team did not want to interview with anyone. Possibly discouraged from last employee leaving.

Interview Questions
  • The interview was very conversational. Which I appreciated.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai) in Jun 2018

Interview

Role I was interviewed for was SDET (Devops). Process was 1 month long. Number of rounds = 13(12 Technical , 1 HR). Telephonic = 7, F2F = 6. Brush up on java very well

Interview Questions
  • 1-Data Structures 2-Java Problems 3-SQL 4-Core Java concepts(Details) 5-Scenario based questions related to project 6- Testing concepts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bangalore) in Apr 2018

Interview

Got an invite for women's drive.1st round was written test.20 MCQ and 1 program out of 2 .time for written test was 30 minutes.after that 3 F2F technical round done and each round was around 1hour.and it went good.then after that one person told ,"for next round we will inform you",but after that i have called 1 week later and asked them then they told sorry you are not selected..its really disappointing ,because feedback was good ,if they don't want to hire then why they are calling and wasting time..

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Morgan Stanley

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

First there was written test which consist question mostly about derivatives as the post was regarding the same. This was not an elimination round. On the basis of how you answered the question the interview was conducted.

Interview Questions
  • Briefly tell us about what is there in your CV
  • If you have shares of a company and the company has announced dividend, then what will be the journal entry in your book?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai) in Mar 2017

Interview

The interview process takes place over several rounds, mainly focused on the profile in question. I applied for a Java based backend role and the interview revolved around Java and system design questions.

Interview Questions
  • What is a predicate in Java? Can you throw an exception from a predicate?
  • Explain wildcard-extends and wildcard-super in Java.
2 people found this interview helpful