Morgan Stanley Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Senior Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

3.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

There may be multiple interviews, but don't become frustrated. Multiple meetings are a good indication that a job offer is forthcoming.

Interview Questions

• Each interviewer is different, so do your research and prepare your responses. Providing a strong presentation and being well prepared are your best tools.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

It was a long process for me as the initial interviews were for a different position and I met more than 10 people from various teams with a good mix of technical and personal questions. Most of the questions were related to my professional background and the relevant projects. There were some questions related to understanding of derivatives and a banks secured funding process

Interview Questions

• A question related to Liquidity Stress testing methodologies focusing on liabilities of the bank   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was really excited about the opportunity and immediately accepted the offer.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

This interview happened on one of the Saturday, there were 3 rounds conducted on that day.
    I had one more telephonic round. So in total 4 technical rounds and one HR telephonic round.

Interview Questions

• First round: This was mainly around a design problem. I was supposed to draw a class diagram and explain the relationship between classes.Problem statement was related Vehicle manufacturing company which has vehicles which can run on Ground,Water,Air with different category of vehicles.
      The design should cater User Access to UI,purchase,Billing etc.
      Second Round:We have a file of 500 MB in hard disc, task is to generate an output file with only unique words in disc.We have only 200MB RAM.
      Third Round:From an external source you are continuously receiving Stock price and Company name, so at any point we need to display top 3 trades with highest price of the trade for the company name which we will get a input.
      Fourth Round:Core Java,Database related questions with Bookshelf design problem.
      HR round: Few general HR questions and salary discussion.
      Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Very strict inverview process involving 7-8 interview rounds. First few rounds will be telephonic and then followed by face to face discussions. Be prepared on whetevere technical expertise you have and business domains.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

8 Interviews, very basic level interviews, They want majorly people from product company background having in depth knowledge of their subject. SQL, Java, Alogrithms. etc

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

1 telephonic which is basic on java ,collections & multi threading
    3 face to face on java and bit of database
    final round with hiring manager which will explain you about the project and work morgan does

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Assuming c#.net wpf candidate.
    1.Initially 2-3 telephonic rounds. Focusing on problem solving , data structures,.net basics and wpf. Multithreading is must.
    2. If you clear telephonics then there will be 4-5 face to face rounds. You will be grilled on data structures. Algorithms, problem solving, multithreading, and difficult questions on wpf c#.
    3. If you clear above rounds then you will have pro fit round by ED and that will be followed by HR round.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

lots of interview- multiple rounds across days

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2008.

Interview

It was a standard 1-on-1 internview with the immediate hiring manager. The position was for a Senior Manager of the IT Finance team. The company was looking for someone with experience managing a small team and they were especially interested in the candidate's people management style. Besides that, they were also looking for someone with strong finance skills and IT experience. Apparently, they had been searching for several months but still couldn't find a suitable candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is your people management style?   1 Answer
    • How do you define success?   1 Answer