Find jobs for Senior Software Developer

Morgan Stanley Senior Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 43 of over 4.8K interviews

Applied online8%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in May 2021

Interview

First was and haker rank test. Once its clear the 3 technical and 1 manager round. 1st technical from java, hashmap, collection, thread, to find pairs in array that sums to given numberrr 2nd was on spring, hibernate, design pattrns, scenario based. 3rd few sql query, ome code to write, tramsaction management, junit/mokito, and java8 Managerial was more sort of discussion on past experience. Then HR round. They will onboard you only when your back ground check is done successfully

Interview Questions
  • to find pairs in array that sums to given numberrr
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

5 rounds 1st hackerrank Medium leetcode 2nd & 3rd technical with java spring boot questions, 2 leetcode medium on strings,java executor framework 4th - questions related to project architecture, microservices pros & tradeoffs & caching. 5th managerial - project related & swot

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai) in Nov 2020

Interview

Telephonic then Video conference via zoom, Interviewer was interested in how will you avoid the latest technology or way of solving problem 'and how would you implement solution legacy way.

Interview Questions
  • Without using collections, lambda or any inbuild function, print the values of hashmap in natural sorting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai)

Interview

there was a female drive. i attended 6 rounds of interview with them and after taking the documents, HR said that it was a contract to hire role, which was not informed at the start of the process; had i know that, i would not have wasted so much time. totally unprofessional and unacceptable

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bangalore) in Oct 2020

Interview

Had 3 rounds of Technical interviews. All of them were very fair. There were mostly Java related questions. First one was telephonic, second was a Zoom call including coding as well. Last one was coding and System design.

Interview Questions
  • Java questions. Algorithm and data structures. System design.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bangalore) in Oct 2020

Interview

The recruitment process started with hackerrank test followed by three technical round. Hackerrank consists of objective questions along with three programming questions post that technical interview which based on problem solving and coding question which needs to be written on your any ide by sharing your screen to the interviewer.

Interview Questions
  • Data Structure, problem solving, multithreading, calculate time complexity and few java based question such as LRU cache, custom thread pool , priority queue, spring transaction etc.

Morgan Stanley

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

First step is basic Java questions. Second step would be Adv Java like Spring, Hibernate, Design Patterns, Multithreading, Concurrency. Java Performance tuning, HashMap, Concurrent Hash Map, Java 8, AWS Lamda.

Interview Questions
  • Explain internal working of Hashmap and how it is different than Concurrent HashMap

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bangalore) in Jun 2020

Interview

Got a call from HR and hackerrank test was given for initial selection. Hackerrank test was for 1.5hr and it has 9MCQ having JS,Closue,React based question 3 Coding questions: 1st was easy, 2nd was medium, 3rd was to build TODO app using Angular/React The TODO app had boilerplate code to start with and we need to be clone and commit in GIT Once the HackerRank test was passed, There were 4 technical rounds Due to covid situation, all the rounds was over phone/zoom Round1: UI/JS basics (Phone - 45min) Native and OOPS concepts in javascript Prototypes in JS and example Call and Apply in JS Get rid of 500+ console.log in production mode Timer events in JS object vs map event capturing and its usage Round 2: JS and React (Zoom - 45min) Real-time handling using websockets Disadvantage of websockets Security in sockets React virtual dom internals How to skip vdom for particular element Array.isArray internal implementation How to identify a memory leak Round 3: UI/Design level (Zoom - 1hr) Why not angular When to choose react, angular and vue Build a dynamic UI form system which will be dynamic without code change, on the fly template gets created with validations etc Stock ticker-- Real-time updates in a stream-based fashion Rxjs use case How will be communication between component happens (child-child, and parent-child and deeply nested child) When to use state management like redux or vuex How will you build generic component and webpack Round 4: Director Round (Zoom - 1HR) More of my office project how we work Walkthrough of my Git projects When to choose which framework - react, angular and vue Why our project picked up vue when react/angular is already established and highly available in market More of managerial based questions on teamwork, release, deadlines, code reviews etc was asked. After all the rounds, It took almost 1weeks from HR to send mail asking for candidature documents. One week later after document verification, Got a call from HR for offer discussions

Interview Questions
  • How to get rid of 500+ console.log in production mode
  • Array.isArray internal implementation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bangalore) in Apr 2020

Interview

Its very long process. I have given 6 tech round they also asked me about package and notice period details in the last round. It seems like i have got the offer. But i haven't got any reply from them. I I am expecting feedback but no one replying to my call and mails. After spending this much time they should have given at least some feedback. This is very bad. HR will never attend your call. Only when they need you, will call you. No reply to mails. Please give feedback if some one has cleared all the round and you are enquiry about package and notice period.

8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bangalore) in Apr 2019

Interview

I was called by an HR from Naukri. I went through 2 rounds of face to face discussion. Both rounds involved basic core java questions and problem solving skills. 2nd interviewer was very rude and unexperienced to take the interview.

Interview Questions
  • In 1st round he asked me 1) what is serialization and how we achieve it 2) There is an array (unsorted) of elements ranging from 0-100 and there was one missing element in the array, had to find the missing element and the index of missing element. Then another part of this question was to find the duplicate element in the array if no element is missing and elements ranging from 0-100 3) There is a huge file of about 1 gb and contains some important data that needs to be extracted and a normal program is taking ~30 minutes to parse the file, what stelps can be taken to reduce the time. 4) write a method which takes procedure name as parameter and arguments of the stored procedures in the parameter and method executes the procedure. 2nd interviewer asked me questions like one major difference between abstract class and interface after java 9, then he asked me try with resources, how is it different from finally block, ACID property of database and a question on sql. He was very rude, whatever I was answering which I read from geeksforgeeks, he was not convinced and unnecessarily digging deep into internals. At the end he asked me if I have any questions then I told him that why I was not asked any question on DS and Algo and the stupid person says where do we use DS and Algo! I think he was expecting a candidate not logically fit but who can rote the concepts and come for interview.
5 people found this interview helpful