Morgan Stanley Senior Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Senior Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.7

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

1st telephone call for technical interview. I don't expect they will call back.

Interview Questions

• - to design a schema for a given situation.
    - Index splitting   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Three rounds of technical examination and then hiring manager interview, HR interview and Director interview. Technical examination was of same/similar questions in the 2 rounds. Hiring manager and Director interview are more of knowing candidate's behavioral skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

1 Telephonic round followed by 4 technical F2F rounds.
    1 Telephonic round followed by 4 technical F2F rounds.

Interview Questions

• 1.Write a program to create a deadlock between 2 threads.
      2.Implement a Thread pool
      3.Given a v huge list of integers, multiply every element in the list by 2.(mylti threading)
      4. Java is pass by ref or pass by variable
      5. Diff between final and immutable
      6. Diff between declaring string and stringbuffer as final variables.
      7.Given a table with the following fields
        account-id Trading_Date Stock_name
         1 01-May-2016 MS
       Find all the frequently traded stocks. Frequently here means, that the stock should have been traded atleast twice in the last 3 days.
      8. Design a system which talks to IRCTC and returns a list of trains from point A to point B   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in June 2016.

Interview

1. it lasts for 4 hours with 4 rounds. the last round is sky interview
    2. They care the details of Java
    3. You could answer question in both English and Chinese. Of course, English is preferred.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online. One week later, I got an HR interview, then two technical phone interviews and finally a meeting with a final technical interview with a group of developers. The technical interview was very good and they took there time asking all questions about Java from JVM to Resuful services. It was one of the best interviews I have ever gone through, since it covered too much aspects of development.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

It was for a consultant role. 4-5 different interviewers grilled me on various technical questions. Mostly memory management, concurrency and multithreading, objects and collections, algorithms, design patterns.
    The style can be intimidating because they never stop, even when you answer correctly, they keep pushing and challenging you to see what are your limits.
    I could sense that they were looking for a person that would be efficient right away and not too much work to train (consultant role).

Interview Questions

• In whatever language, imagine no library exists yet. How would you implement a cache using only core objects?   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was straightforward, although very slow. I had 6 round of interviews with different teams. Some of these was technical, some of the specific to a technology and 2 manager interviews. Everybody was helpful during the interview process, the HR contact which I had was very kind and positive, i was always kept up to date where are we with the process

Interview Questions

• There were some problem solving questions which surprised me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, They gave what I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Usually it starts with telephonic round. In the F-to-F 1st round they started with heavily core java questions. Most of us would have never imagined that kind of questions. I did not pass the first round. They asked few DB questions. Too deep on core java. Mostly on performance tuning. It was very nice experience even though I lost in the first round itself. They see how you approach the problem.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage session details of the recent 10 most active users? Which are the collections you use for this?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of telephonic interview and 4 rounds of face to face interview. All are technical rounds. Technical rounds were more focused on basics of core java, webservices, designing concepts etc. Face to face interview s covered current project architecture, problem solving etc

Interview Questions

• JVM and memory architecture, threading, design patterns, problem solving skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was very disappointed with the interview process in MS Bangalore. My resume was processed by a consultancy and asked me to reach at 10:30.
    There were at least 50 candidates stuck in a presentation room (extremely suffocating). You can get out but cannot enter the room and the security personnel was getting up 100 times to let the people enter.
    Then the HR asks to submit the CV and everyone submits, there is absolutely no sequence. You may have come first but submit after 30 people.

Sat for 1 hour before the first round.
    Sat for 1hour 15 mins before second round
    Sat for 1hour 30 mins before 3rd round
    Simply left after that (~ 5:30 pm) although they asked me to wait. Had a terrible headache after sitting in that room for so long.

Here are few notable things:
    The HRs there (some of them seemed they are not full time employees in MS, probably consultants) were calling out names like (A, B and C) go for lunch, as if other people don't need to eat. I believe they had limited lunch and not interested to offer to candidates who would not clear the initial rounds. Absolutely hopeless. I did not eat the whole bloody day.

The third interviewer asked a hopeless question, which would probably take you a 1 day to code and went for smoke and returned after 10-15 mins.

The fourth round was managerial and because I had left, I did a telephonic round. Never heard from the HR or anyone after that.

Don't bother going to Morgan Stanley for interview unless you want to fast and kill your day.