Morgan Stanley Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.5

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Only talked to three people: the hiring manager, the team lead, and an outside expert. I just informally talked with the manager on a walk in the city, it was mostly for him to present the project and assess my personality. The team lead asked me about my experience and we chatted about my prior work experience. Not a single tech question. The outside expert had some tougher questions, most (but not all) I could answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They matched my previous salary, hinting but not promising more.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by consultancy for Morgan Stanley for Sr. Software Engineer / Technical lead (Dot Net). After initial online test I was informed that there would be two technical rounds followed by HR round.

Interview Questions

• What is new in .net (from framework 2.0 to 5)?   Answer Question
    • Evolution of Garbage Collection from framework 2.0 to 5?   Answer Question
    • When you do IO operations using steam classes... what would you call it - managed or unmanaged?   Answer Question
    • Read-only Vs constant?   Answer Question
    • sql - union Vs union all   Answer Question
    • sql - You have to show data from Employee table which is there in two different databases, what would you use - union or join?   Answer Question
    • object type vs dynamic   Answer Question
    • what would be the output:
      object obj = 10
      var v = o. GetType()   Answer Question
    • sql - write a query. you have 3 columns FirstName, LastName, Gender. Gender will be male or female. What will be the query to show data in format:
      Mr. Sachin Tendulkar   Answer Question
    • What is dependency injection? Which container have you used? How to configure it?   Answer Question
    • What is difference between ioc and di?   Answer Question
    • jquery - document.ready? can we have multiple document ready? how to check if textbox is blank? There is a grid. When age is 30 emp name should be in green else red.. how to achieve this using jquery? advantages of jquery over js?   Answer Question
    • What is new in css3?   Answer Question
    • How is html5 different from html?   Answer Question
    • Flow of Asp. net mvc application?   Answer Question
    • State management in mvc?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Approached by an agent.

Codility online test which is about 90 mins with three test. Two algorithms tests which are not difficult. The other one is a quite trivial programming test not difficult but not easy to get the requirement right.

After the test take about 1 week for them to call back to some question about the test itself and some general technical question.

After another 1 week onsite interview. Three round with 2 people each. 1st round seems some junior developer asking very basic questions and needs to write some coding on paper! 2nd round some senior developer some more general technical questions, mostly on previous projects. 3rd round managers (I think) and mostly soft skill questions.

Although I feel generally positive about my performance in the interview, in the end, it is no offer, no feedback. Nice place to do the interview though.