Morgan Stanley Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Many 1 hour long interviews to go through.
Some of these interviews were aligned in the same day.
This adds to the stress of interviewing, but it really evaluates candidates ability to cope with a fast changing environment.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was with 6 people, very technical. Initially a phone screen, then 1:1 meetings with everyone. This was in 2000 - had to answer lots of questions on object oriented programming. Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism. It was for a very specifialized role.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions about data structures eg hashing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

3 rounds, about 30 mins each. questions on mutli-thread java program. Also, traders asked question on how to handle stress, production problems. Operate team asked about separation of jobs, i.e. how to handle Ad and operate team conflicts

Interview Questions

• java question, System.exit with the catch exception but there is a finally block   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied as a Java developer. The process took 2 weeks. After 2 initial phone interviews ,one technical and one for testing my english skills, I was interviewed in the Budapest office of the company. First,we had a group exercise, after which i had the technical interview, i was asked about hashtable, hashmap, multi threading, strings ,mostly thread safety questions. after which i had an interpersonal interview with the HR and i was asked questions about time management and team skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Through college career site. 3 interviews. Standard Programming questions. String reversal. Binary Search.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was selected for a telephonic interview. The telephonic interview lasted approximately an hour.

The questions were mainly from Java/ SQL.

Typical question were like,

OO Design principles (SOLID), Java Concurrency (Volatile), Java GC (References: Soft, Weak), Event driven and asynchronous programming

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I went through my school's campus recruiting. Had an on campus interview that was mostly fit and some easy algorithm questions. Then got invited back for on site interviews. Had a big group interview that tested ability to work as a group. Then had 4 one on one interviews. Didn't receive and offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Contacted three weeks after applying on website, interview scheduled for following week. For whatever reason I thought the initial interview was going to be more experience-driven but it was entirely technical, which I wasn't particularly prepared for. So the interview was relatively difficult for me at the time but had I been better prepared it would have been middle-of-the-road.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

First they came to my school (Columbia uni) to conduct 1 on 1 interviews for the selected students. It was a 30 minutes interview. He started by asking the usual behavioral questions and tried to know my specific programming background. Then went down to the specifics by asking some tech questions. after that was the on-site interview which was much more tech. Amongst the problems I solved was:

He asked me to implement a function that checked if a number equals its reverse (eg 253 != 352). If it isn't, my function adds the number to itself and checks again. And then he asked me to read a file that has ice-cream flavors on each line, and then return the top 10 appearing flavors

Interview Questions

• How would you write an algorithm to find the solution to a maze   1 Answer
    • Implement a dictionary that returned a word search in O(1) time   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

They have a rigorous interview process. After a 45minute long IQ test with a manager. I got on a phone conference with about 3 PMs in the UK where they asked me technical questions about my skills. The initial phone interview was very technical as well.

Interview Questions

• An IQ test to calculate distance and time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no solid negotiation. They knew how much they wanted to pay and they weren't willing to negotiate. They had an either take it or leave it attitude.