Morgan Stanley Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

3.3

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2017.

Interview

Contacted via LinkedIn by an HR. Initial phone screen then phone interview. Didn't get any reply to all the follow up mails after. Very unprofessional. Also setting up phone interview was also painful. The HR rescheduled the phone interview just an hour before.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took a week and i interviewed at Morgan Stanley(New York), i applied through university portal, after 2 rounds of on campus interview , i was called on site for the remaining rounds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestal, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Vestal, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for and got an on campus interview. The interviewer had an accent but was a good communicator. He asked mostly questions about technical experience/resume, and some minor technical questions mostly about Java and infrastructure knowledge/design. Several weeks later I got an email saying they would not have an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is tail call recursion optimization/how could a simple recursive algorithm be modified to take advantage of it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied as a Java developer. The process took 2 weeks. After 2 initial phone interviews ,one technical and one for testing my english skills, I was interviewed in the Budapest office of the company. First,we had a group exercise, after which i had the technical interview, i was asked about hashtable, hashmap, multi threading, strings ,mostly thread safety questions. after which i had an interpersonal interview with the HR and i was asked questions about time management and team skills.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Many 1 hour long interviews to go through.
    Some of these interviews were aligned in the same day.
    This adds to the stress of interviewing, but it really evaluates candidates ability to cope with a fast changing environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Through college career site. 3 interviews. Standard Programming questions. String reversal. Binary Search.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

3 rounds, about 30 mins each. questions on mutli-thread java program. Also, traders asked question on how to handle stress, production problems. Operate team asked about separation of jobs, i.e. how to handle Ad and operate team conflicts

Interview Questions

• java question, System.exit with the catch exception but there is a finally block   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was selected for a telephonic interview. The telephonic interview lasted approximately an hour.

The questions were mainly from Java/ SQL.

Typical question were like,

OO Design principles (SOLID), Java Concurrency (Volatile), Java GC (References: Soft, Weak), Event driven and asynchronous programming

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I went through my school's campus recruiting. Had an on campus interview that was mostly fit and some easy algorithm questions. Then got invited back for on site interviews. Had a big group interview that tested ability to work as a group. Then had 4 one on one interviews. Didn't receive and offer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was with 6 people, very technical. Initially a phone screen, then 1:1 meetings with everyone. This was in 2000 - had to answer lots of questions on object oriented programming. Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism. It was for a very specifialized role.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions about data structures eg hashing   Answer Question