Morgan Stanley Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 174 of over 4.8K interviews

Recruiter18%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Morgan Stanley

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

There were many people involved, including two coordinators, one internal recruiter, two external recruiters, one from Human Resources, one Project Manager, and four technical interviewers. There was lots of confusion with the interview timing and Zoom links and passwords.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of manager do you want to work for?
    Answer Question

Morgan Stanley

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

1. WRITTEN ROUND : There were basically 2 parts : Aptitude and Coding. Aptitude Part : There were 30 questions to be completed in 45 minutes. There were 10 aptitude questions which were quite time-taking. Questions were from Data Interpretation as well. Then we had to choose a section out of C/C++/JAVA and the rest 20 questions were from your chosen section. The chosen section was also time-consuming. Coding Test : There were 3 questions to be completed in 1 hour. Program 1 was to find the required element of Pascal’s triangle. Program 2 was to count all the palindromic substrings in a string. I am sorry but I do not remember Program 3. 2. TECHNICAL INTERVIEW 1 : It lasted for around 30-35 minutes. Questions were on array, hash map, file handling and string theory. All questions were generally algorithmic in nature. 3. HR INTERVIEW : It lasted for around 50-55 minutes. We were basically grilled in this interview. 4. TECHNICAL INTERVIEW 2 : It lasted for around 1 hour. In this round, there were questions based on real-life scenario like designing a shopping cart for an e-commerce website etc. Then there were algorithmic questions on queue, graph and trees. A problem was given and I was asked to reason out the best data structure to solve that problem. There were simple problems on linked list. 5. GROUP TASK ROUND : It was an entertaining round but was quite pressurising. We were divided into groups and asked to make something with LEGO Blocks that they had provided. There is a time-constraint in this round. We had to explain all the design aspects of our construction like name, choice of colour, significance of buildings, structure strength etc. Finally after 5 rounds of interviews, I got selected. I thank my parents, friends and my seniors. Of course, geeksforgeeks is not to be left behind!!!!!!

2 people found this interview helpful

Morgan Stanley

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

First round was a rapid fire round question along with some resume related questions.cannot reveal the questions but most of them are java-based concepts.they check for strong java knowledge in general.

Interview Questions
  • cannot reveal the questions..mostly they are java-based concepts.

Morgan Stanley

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

The two interviews were cpnfirmed in the last minute and on the same day. Each Interview had 4 panelists. Both the interviews were technical and the first interview included coding as well.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Implement a HashMap. 2) How did you measure the performance of the application you developed?

Morgan Stanley

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

First round of technical interview based on the skills mentioned in the resume. Second round was a behavioral interview. Both on the same day with different interviewers. Each session took about 30-40 minutes long.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New Delhi)

Interview

3 rounds All rounds are technical rounds.but each round they will expect exact solution which is there in internet instead of logic or dev idea. Don't waste your time for thus company interview

Interview Questions
  • multi threading concepts dead lock collections some tricky questions like custom sorting

Morgan Stanley

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

Overall interview process was so smooth, interviewer was from my college so i was very comfortable during the entire process, Questions were mostly on my projects, Algorithms,reasonings, I had done some ML projects during college days so moslty the interview was around that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New Delhi) in Mar 2021

Interview

Round 1 - online coding + mcq test. (Mcqs were easy, coding question was little mathematical) Round 2 - Technical Interview-I (Overall basics were checked from .net c# angular) Round 3 - Technical Interview-I I (In depth design questions)

Interview Questions
  • Design question 1 . how would you design captchas and validate against user input
  • Design question - 2. You need to constantly show a stock rate , and when it hits 100, show onto your website

Morgan Stanley

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

The first round is one to one on phone call. The candidate start to introduce himself, then the algo test on hackerrank. And they will ask some technical questions about the programming language.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Morgan Stanley

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in Jan 2021

Interview

The 3-stages interview process has finalized with a comprehensive background investigation, from which one part you find beneath : * credit worthiness * credit standing * credit capacity * character * general reputation * personal characteristics * and mode of living which will be used to establish your eligibility for employment. Do not waste your time with them. Do you agree they go too far? Do not allow these type of data to collect and store about you. They hire and contract 3rd and 4th party agencies to gather and aggregate this set of information on you. Circumvented Personal Data Protection is assured. You will never know where it is gonna be stored and will loose all control how handled further down the road on your career. forevermore. My advise to all candidates: refuse all these types of requests!

Interview Questions
  • Would you give permission to us to run a background check on your profile ?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 174 Interviews