Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

3.3

256 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Boston, MA).

Interview

two rounds of phone interviews and in person interview. Had phone call with an analyst and ED. In person interview was with the head of the division. It took time since they were receiving tremendous amount of applications.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

On campus interview. The interview was both the first and last round. There were two Morgan Stanley employees interviewing me. Almost zero behavioral questions, as it was mostly technical based questions. Had to write code on paper.

Interview Questions

• Find the k-th smallest node in a binary search tree.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

First round phone interview was very easy--mainly resume experience and background. Moved to two in office interviews and then a group interview. Group interview is based off how well you work with various people under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Why Operations? What experience do you have that will work well in team settings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and got first round phone screening, it was a phone call with a person in the office and it was not too hard in terms of the interview difficulty

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF, how are the three financial statements connected   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

I apply online. The process takes three weeks. It is a phone call interview. Ask what is the pdf of abs(x)*y where x and y are uniform distributions on (-1, 1).

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was very technical but fairly easy once you are prepared. It started off with a Panel discussion where you get to clear any doubts about the role being applied for. Next is a group challenge which evaluates teamwork. Lastly is three (one on one) interviews back to back which could last anything between 45 mins to One hour.

Interview Questions

• How do you change privileges on a file or directory in Unix systems.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Very intense, super day was 3 back to back half hour interviews and 1 group case assignment. The people were friendly but they are extremely selective. The entire process was very interesting and you get to meet a lot of people because prior to the interviews they have a networking reception where you get to meet other Morgan Stanley employees and find out about their jobs.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Nothing special in the beginning. He asked me about my interest in trading briefly - what product and why trading at a bank. Then he gave me a probability question and a brainteaser. Surprisingly there was no question about markets.

Interview Questions

• 25 hourses. Race them in a group of 5. Find the minimum number of race you need to conduct to find the top 3 hourses.   11 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Princeton, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was very technical. It was an in-person interview, which I was offered after submitting an online application. There were 2 interviewers and the duration was 30 minutes. I applied to Investment Banking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for the Fixed Income S&T Summer Analyst internship. First round interview was behavioral. Superday was meeting with 5 individuals for 20-30 minutes each. Some asked strictly behavioral questions, some asked mostly markets based questions. Because I was interviewing with the fixed income group, one interviewer asked me all math questions and brain teasers (I come from a liberal arts background so he wanted to "test my quant skills"). As a female, I noticed that there was hardly a female interviewer on the floor (out of at least 20).