Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

3.2

268 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application online then get the first round phone interviews with 2 associate. One focused more on behavior questions while the other asked me a lot of accounting questions. The second round is a video interview with ED, most questions are testing my motivation. I think my answer was not good enough to get the next round. Wish you guys good luck

Interview Questions

• • Walk me through your resume
    • If you buy a PP&E at 120$, the period will be 12, what is the balance 2 years later?
    • Now you sold that PP&E at 120$, walk me through the three statements
    • You issued a convertible bond at 100 mm, walk me through three statements
    • What impact will issuing a convertible bond have on wacc?
    • Is the cost of convertible bond the same with normal bonds?
    • Any question you want to ask me?
    • Walk through your resume
    • Your career plan   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2017.

Interview

on campus interview less than 60 min with 2 interviews
    first talk about resume myself and answer interviewers' question
    then a technical problem with solution on white board
    I wrote on the scratch paper and it's ok too

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Boston, MA).

Interview

two rounds of phone interviews and in person interview. Had phone call with an analyst and ED. In person interview was with the head of the division. It took time since they were receiving tremendous amount of applications.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

On campus interview. The interview was both the first and last round. There were two Morgan Stanley employees interviewing me. Almost zero behavioral questions, as it was mostly technical based questions. Had to write code on paper.

Interview Questions

• Find the k-th smallest node in a binary search tree.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Interviewers were incredibly nice. I learned a lot more about the role through the interview process itself. They had a networking event where we got to meet several employees.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2017.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview - Asked several technical questions and for basic information about the company (i.e. - CEO & Stock Price). Also asked questions about the current market and the FED along with 10yr Treasury Yields.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I had one phone call with a vice president and one with an associate. Then one two hour long super day. I had networked with people all summer so the one official phone call was similar to my other phone calls.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

First round phone interview was very easy--mainly resume experience and background. Moved to two in office interviews and then a group interview. Group interview is based off how well you work with various people under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Why Operations? What experience do you have that will work well in team settings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and got first round phone screening, it was a phone call with a person in the office and it was not too hard in terms of the interview difficulty

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF, how are the three financial statements connected   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

I apply online. The process takes three weeks. It is a phone call interview. Ask what is the pdf of abs(x)*y where x and y are uniform distributions on (-1, 1).