Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

First round phone interview was very easy--mainly resume experience and background. Moved to two in office interviews and then a group interview. Group interview is based off how well you work with various people under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Why Operations? What experience do you have that will work well in team settings?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and got first round phone screening, it was a phone call with a person in the office and it was not too hard in terms of the interview difficulty

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF, how are the three financial statements connected   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

I apply online. The process takes three weeks. It is a phone call interview. Ask what is the pdf of abs(x)*y where x and y are uniform distributions on (-1, 1).

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was very technical but fairly easy once you are prepared. It started off with a Panel discussion where you get to clear any doubts about the role being applied for. Next is a group challenge which evaluates teamwork. Lastly is three (one on one) interviews back to back which could last anything between 45 mins to One hour.

Interview Questions

• How do you change privileges on a file or directory in Unix systems.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Nothing special in the beginning. He asked me about my interest in trading briefly - what product and why trading at a bank. Then he gave me a probability question and a brainteaser. Surprisingly there was no question about markets.

Interview Questions

• 25 hourses. Race them in a group of 5. Find the minimum number of race you need to conduct to find the top 3 hourses.   11 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Princeton, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was very technical. It was an in-person interview, which I was offered after submitting an online application. There were 2 interviewers and the duration was 30 minutes. I applied to Investment Banking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for the Fixed Income S&T Summer Analyst internship. First round interview was behavioral. Superday was meeting with 5 individuals for 20-30 minutes each. Some asked strictly behavioral questions, some asked mostly markets based questions. Because I was interviewing with the fixed income group, one interviewer asked me all math questions and brain teasers (I come from a liberal arts background so he wanted to "test my quant skills"). As a female, I noticed that there was hardly a female interviewer on the floor (out of at least 20).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Providence, RI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through on campus- recruiting event. Networked with alumni from my school that were currently employed by MS. Received first round phone interview within a week of application submission. Phone interview was with two different men, they asked me a breadth of questions from technical to brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• List ten things that you can do with a pencil. You have 30 seconds.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process is very structured, but informative. You can learn a lot from the people interviewing you. There are several rounds, followed by a super day. Contacted by HR after a week.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2016.

Interview

Mainly fit questions, some technical. Interviewer was clearly very concerned with gauging interest in the Morgan Stanley experience, as opposed to other Bulge brackets, middle markets, boutiques, or other classes of firms within the financial services industry.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley, DCF, Comparable comps, LBO, stock pitch   Answer Question