Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

3.3

157 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and got first round phone screening, it was a phone call with a person in the office and it was not too hard in terms of the interview difficulty

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF, how are the three financial statements connected   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

I apply online. The process takes three weeks. It is a phone call interview. Ask what is the pdf of abs(x)*y where x and y are uniform distributions on (-1, 1).

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Nothing special in the beginning. He asked me about my interest in trading briefly - what product and why trading at a bank. Then he gave me a probability question and a brainteaser. Surprisingly there was no question about markets.

Interview Questions

• 25 hourses. Race them in a group of 5. Find the minimum number of race you need to conduct to find the top 3 hourses.   11 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Princeton, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was very technical. It was an in-person interview, which I was offered after submitting an online application. There were 2 interviewers and the duration was 30 minutes. I applied to Investment Banking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for the Fixed Income S&T Summer Analyst internship. First round interview was behavioral. Superday was meeting with 5 individuals for 20-30 minutes each. Some asked strictly behavioral questions, some asked mostly markets based questions. Because I was interviewing with the fixed income group, one interviewer asked me all math questions and brain teasers (I come from a liberal arts background so he wanted to "test my quant skills"). As a female, I noticed that there was hardly a female interviewer on the floor (out of at least 20).

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2016.

Interview

Mainly fit questions, some technical. Interviewer was clearly very concerned with gauging interest in the Morgan Stanley experience, as opposed to other Bulge brackets, middle markets, boutiques, or other classes of firms within the financial services industry.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley, DCF, Comparable comps, LBO, stock pitch   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First took an exam at a conference room of Hilton DTLA for the summer analyst of the quantitative finance program. Then scheduled a phone interview. All technical questions! Starting from stochastic calculus, then martingale, programming, probability & linear algebra.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I applied through my career services website; for the MS Wealth Management; they gave me two first round interviews for different rolls; both were phone interviews; they didn't ask any complicated questions; it was my first interview in awhile and I was nervous that's all; My advice to everyone else know about the markets, have a few stories in the back of your mine and REMEMBER that you won't know everything; the interviewer wants to see if they would like to have you on their team, so try to be honest with them; do not be boring with them

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

It was an on campus interview conducted at the career services office. Basic format: 1. Walk me through your resume.
    2. Tell me about yourself.
    3. What are your three greatest strengths and can you explain one in more detail?
    4. Why do you want to work for Morgan Stanley and more questions about the company, the position, and weather or not I was a fit.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in HR given your background in data and quantitative analysis?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Walk me through your resume and tell me about yourself. And then some questions about the financial markets and Morgan Stanley, and give 3 attributes and articulate on one of them.

Interview Questions

• What happens to the bond price when interest rate goes up?   1 Answer