Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First took an exam at a conference room of Hilton DTLA for the summer analyst of the quantitative finance program. Then scheduled a phone interview. All technical questions! Starting from stochastic calculus, then martingale, programming, probability & linear algebra.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I applied through my career services website; for the MS Wealth Management; they gave me two first round interviews for different rolls; both were phone interviews; they didn't ask any complicated questions; it was my first interview in awhile and I was nervous that's all; My advice to everyone else know about the markets, have a few stories in the back of your mine and REMEMBER that you won't know everything; the interviewer wants to see if they would like to have you on their team, so try to be honest with them; do not be boring with them

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

It was an on campus interview conducted at the career services office. Basic format: 1. Walk me through your resume.
    2. Tell me about yourself.
    3. What are your three greatest strengths and can you explain one in more detail?
    4. Why do you want to work for Morgan Stanley and more questions about the company, the position, and weather or not I was a fit.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in HR given your background in data and quantitative analysis?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Walk me through your resume and tell me about yourself. And then some questions about the financial markets and Morgan Stanley, and give 3 attributes and articulate on one of them.

Interview Questions

• What happens to the bond price when interest rate goes up?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2016.

Interview

This was for Sales and Trading. It was 2 phone interviews. They called me on two separate days and it was with two different people working on the trading floor at MS. It was supposed to be in November but then they rescheduled me to December because of scheduling conflicts they were having and then I fell sick and then they said the only next date they could do it was 3 weeks later, in January.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the market. What is the most innovative thing you've created?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

first round phonecall interview for the summer associate position. Told me it was very hard to get to even that point. Very nice, friendly conversation withe the interviewer, who was not from human resources but actually quite high up in the company.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online. Process about 4 weeks. Two phone interview and one onsite. Each one takes about 30 minutes. Time to get result for each interview is about 3-4 days, which, just like many other BB.

Interview Questions

• Basic market knowledge and IBD knowledge. Behavior questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

It's a competitive position so expect the environment to be cut-throat. You'll be one of hundreds or thousands wanting that position. The questions you get can vary from technical to situational.

Interview Questions

• Your department manager just left for a meeting that he said could last for three hours. A partnered department's analyst comes in just after your manager engaged in his meeting. The analyst hands you a document that your manager needs to check, and it needs to be submitted within the hour. You have a look at the document and can see that you are quite familiar with the material that needs to be checked, but you know it's best if your manager handles this, even though he is in a meeting. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The Super day consisted of four 30 minute back to back interviews. Technicals, mental math questions, brain teasers, and market knowledge were discussed.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

A series of one on one interviews with members of different teams. That lasted for about two hours as every meeting was about 30 mins. Then there was a group activity which was about an hour and a small presentation afterward. The process took just over three hours.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley?

Describe challenges faced and how you overcame them.
      1 Answer