Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Pretty quick process. One phone interview, followed by a superday on friday. I had an offer by Monday.You are also allow to apply for more than one position. I interviewed for operations and finance and got offers for both.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.Why finance? teamwork questions? and also a small group activity at the end.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Did the process through my universities career center. First part was a phone interview followed up by a Super Day at the NYC offices. Group interview followed by individual one on one interviews. for the group interview we were given Legos and had to design a new MS logo in 30 mins. After a few mins they cut the time in half (to see how you work under pressure) and after another few mins they tell you you can't use a certain color in the design. At the end we had to present the new design as a team, explain why we chose it, and answer any questions they had about it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.

Why you want to work at Morgan Stanley.

Tell me about your previous experiences
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied via on campus interview. They got back to us within a week after their expiration date. On campus they have a small room with two chairs a desk and the interviewer had paper for writing interview questions. The interievew was scheduled for 30 minutes. They asked to tell me about yourself and then proceeded to ask Data Structure questions. The questions were rather general asking about topics that were simply gone over in a data structures course.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to get the intersection point of two Linked Lists?Now without a hashtable how would you do this?
      Given the expression "A*B+C" as a string how would you evaluate it?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

A phone interview and a super day.The people were nice and the entire process was very enjoyable. I applied for the sophomore program at Institutional Equity. The super day involved three rounds of interviews. A variety of questions were covered, including quick calculations of stock prices, technical questions like what is EV/EBITDA, and some brainteasers. The interviews in general were more focused on fit questions though. Communication was managed very well throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• How much does it take to buy a burger cart in Times Square?
      Tell me about yourself.
      What is the expected value of throwing a dice once?
      2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Overall fine experience. Interviewers and recruiters were nice and communicative. First interview was entirely behavioral, probably because of my liberal arts background. Was contacted after I submitted an online application (not through college) about a phone interview, and set it up within the following day. The interview was 2 on 1 and over the phone. Afterwards, it took about a week or two to get the rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to communicate effectively.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Friendly. He generally talks about the interview process, and how the processes will go. Then he started asking questions about my resume. Then he asked questions about Greeks. At last, he began to ask about current market, and this topic goes like half an hour. I didn't think questions about markets would count that much thus didn't prepare well, and got rejected in the end.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2015.

Interview

1 week after the online application, I got an email from the Bank Resource Management at Morgan Stanley. 1st Round = Phone interview for about 45 minutes. All of questions were behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Networking events the entire first month of school. It is definitely important to meet as many people as you can and have one person going to bat for you. I got the first round interview on campus. Overall thought the interview went well. About 50/50 technical and fit, but did not make it to the superday.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the three statements. Given an operating sheet, if I bought a company at 9x with 6x in leverage walk me through the lbo analysis   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. I was contacted for a 1st round interview after submitting an application through Morgan Stanley's online recruiting portal, which was conducted by two analysts within the division I had applied to. I did not immediately hear back following my initial interview, but after a little over a week I received a phone call to attend a Superday in the following days. My Superday consisted of three half-hour, back-to-back interviews. I heard back with a decision within three days following my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Fit questions and really nice interviewers. Some accounting questions but make sure to review all the guides and you will probably be good.
    Although there might some pretty challenging market questions.