Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

3.3

252 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Phone interview - paper test - Group interview - Manager interview
Group interview was a task. You have a discussion on some topic and each person gets to present for 30 seconds at the end. It was pretty intense.
Manager interview asks a lot of questions that had been asked in the phone interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then on-site. The analysts and associates focus more on technical questions, many of which come from interview books. The managers basically went through my resume and asked more about my personal research project and some other soft questions.

Interview Questions

• A lot of brain teasers I remember. Also probability, statistics, and programming questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First round and then superday that consisted of 6 interviews....the first round was fairly easy, second round was much more technical but I think they also really cared about fit. Of the six interview it was probably half managing directors and half executive directors. My first round interviews consisted of interviewing with analysts and associates

Interview Questions

• What is the square root of 0.1   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very laid back, more of a discussion than an interview. In office, two on one then a meet and greet with the rest of the Wealth Manangement team that I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What do you thank makes you qualified for the position?
      What are your weaknesses?
      What have you learned in school that would be applicable to this experience?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Applied to Morgan Stanley Asia on their website. Heard back about an interview a couple weeks later. The process was two phone interviews with different analysts. They were friendly, and asked me to walk them through my resume, why I wanted to to investment banking/what I knew about it, and then mostly technical questions.

Interview Questions

• List some multiples investment banks use, and why you would use one over another.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First, I submitted my resume and cover letter to the campus recruiter. About 2 weeks later, I received an e-mail that I was invited to the first round interview. The first interview was a college on-site interview, and I talked to the VP for 30 minutes, mostly regarding by background and interest in the firm.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First round, on-campus interview for SA Investment Banking position in Houston. I applied on my school career website and also on Morgan Stanley's online application. There was no phone interview before the on campus interview. A few days later they had their superday.

Interview Questions

• It was not a difficult interview. More behavioral than technical and the one technical question was the basic $10 depreciation through 3 financial statements   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2015.

Interview

Applied On-campus and online. Scheduled a first round interview through on campus recruiting. Mostly fit questions (Why IBD? Why MS?) , a few technicals (depreciation expense on all 3 accounting statements, what is WACC?) . Never heard back from HR rep or interviewer, so figured I didn't move to the next round as many peers had scheduled super days in New York.

Interview Questions

• Would you take this job if I offered it to you right now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through school, process took about two weeks. The interview consisted mainly of fit questions followed by a series of current financial events questions and two more technical questions. Over all the interview was friendly but fast paced. It was much more direct than other firms.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with an alum of my college over the phone. From there a few students were offered a spot at "super day" in New York City. The alum that interviewed was very nice and the interview went well.