Morgan Stanley Summer Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Summer Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

2.9

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2015.

Interview

Got contacted through career services. They held a pre-night networking event for people to be able to talk to the interviewers. The one-on-one interview was the next day, 45-minute long, which involved mostly technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the angle between the two hands of a clock? Various OOP terms.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First run interview for 30 mins. The interviewer was really friendly. Questions about why MS, this position and your past experiences. Also asked about technical questions and your academic performance.

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Applied through the on campus interviews. For the first interview, the questions were about algorithm/data structures. The second and final round consisted of a 4 * 30 minutes interviews with four different interviewers, plus one group activity. The questions spanned a bit of every thing, algorithm, data structures, databases, OS (UNIX, process scheduling, threads...), programming languages (java, c++, garbage collector...), and some problem solving questions.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First a 30min on campus interview. Then a second round in New York. One group activity and then 3, 45min interview.
    Mostly technical questions, no coding.
    There was also a mandatory on campus networking event.

Interview Questions

• Drawing class hierarchy for object oriented. What's DDOS, Syn Flood, Buffer Overlfow, how the stack grow... Networking question, what's BGP... OS oriented questions, database questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a super day which had a group activity to build bridge using only paper and tape.Then had three back to back interview.The interviewers were all BA although I had applied for the Infrastructure Developer.They asked me technical questions related to C++ Algorithms Data Structure Shell Scripting SQL Queries,PL-SQL Procedure.So now I am not sure if I was being interviewed for BA or Infrastructure Developer although I made it clear to them that I am interested in Coding only.Waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between inner and outer join?
      Explain the type of indexes?
      Given the range sort an array in O(n)?
      How does a Coin counting machine works?   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2015.

Interview

It was a on campus interview in November. No coding questions. Just some behaviour questions and Java concepts. It is about class, interface and abstract. There is a practical scenario and I have to design the classes. But quite simple once you know the basic concepts.

About three weeks later, I receive onsite invitation. Looking forward to it next week!

Interview Questions

• Difference between interface and abstract.
      Design classes.
      Why Morgan Stanley?
      Experience about teamwork.
      Other common behaviour questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interviewer first me asked me to choose either BA or Developer role. Then he began asking questions about coding and data structures, like how to reverse linked list, how to balance BST and some knowledge-based questions about C++

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

got the 1st round interview from university career center, and passed to the 2nd round interview.

the 1st one is very technical, with no behaviour questions.

the 2nd one, which is on site, is coming first with a group panel interview playing with lego, and 4 1:1 interviews, very technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I received an invite for first round of interview on Campus. The interviewer was pretty chilled out and did a lot of small talk with me. It was totally situational and behavioral. I was asked questions like:
    1) Have you ever worked in a team? how was the experience?
    2) Have you ever had a difficult team member? how did you deal with the situation?
    3) what are the languages you are comfortable in and how good would you rate yourself on them?
    and a couple of more questions. Lasted half hour.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a team?
      Tell me about your experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

The HR team at MS is great. I interviewed for the Business Analyst position. The entire interview process took 3-4 weeks. I had an onsite group interview and then 3 X 45mins interviews with current MS employees. I was then contacted via phone about offer decisions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this particular experience eon your resume? What were some challenges you faced and how did you resolve them?   Answer Question