Morgan Stanley Technical Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Technical Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2016

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied to the technical analyst position through my college. Got an interview call within a week for the first round.
The interview was purely technical and the duration was 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Explain me your recent Java project.
    Basic java questions like what is garbage collection, final,finalize,etc.
    Advantages of using dual core processor.
    Questions about previous work experience.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Met loads of MS people at the university career fare, handed out my CVs and got a first round technical interview (30m). Then got invited to a second round super day interview at the Montréal office. 2nd round included a panel lunch, a group activity and 4 45-min technical interview back to back. They were brutal but very engaging and the interviews were very helpful and wanted you to succeed. Then I had a professional fit phone interview and got the offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to determine if a sudoku quiz is solved correctly or incorrectly.   Answer Question
    • Can you explain why a linked list is slower than an array even when we iterate over them one by one?   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mangalore (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

1 tecnical interview
    2 group activity where we were in groups and given lego blocks and ask to come up with an idea to impress the investors to invest in your idea
    3 HR round
    4 software design round

Interview Questions

• they asked me to design twitter website for a morgan stanley   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Interview

On Campus Procedure
    Resume Shortlisting
    Online Coding Test - 2.5 hours 4 Question Difficulty Level: Easy
    Technical Interview: 2/3 Rounds (Depending on performance), 1 - 1.5 hours each
    Group Activity: 1 Round, 1 Hour
    HR Interview: 1 Round 1 Hour

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly related to object oriented programming, Algorithms, OS, Databases   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

2 rounds interview. All Technical. First round happened on campus. Second round is in the Montreal Morgan company.

Interview Questions

• How to check whether all numbers in sudo is right? Only needs basic ideas. The interviewers usually give lots of implications. Very nice and helpful   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

It first shortlists on the basis of resume.

Then there was a test, for coding and aptitude. Both on paper. Aptitude test was MCQ, 50 questions. 10 on aptitude, 10 on analytical ability, and 30 on programming (language option given - C/C++, Java). The coding round comprised of 5 questions, to be solved in an hour. 2 on arrays, 2 on BST, 1 on strings (wild card search). Time was less. 2.5hours total for everything.

Interview Questions

• For a given BST, find the path from root to leaf whose total is equal to the value given to you. Suppose you are given 23, then the path 10-->8->5 (if such exists) is the answer. If such path exists, reutrn true   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

got selected for interview by campus website. In person interview, started off with introducing myself, then straight to a technical question, which requires you to write code on a piece of paper. pick you preferred language.

Interview Questions

• given size of array 5, with five numbers in it, sort them from smallest to largest without comparing.(hint, access time O(n)   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

One one-on-one interview, and an onsite interview made of several small interviews. Overall, the process was not very well organized. Several interviewers asked me the same question. Although from their description, it seems interesting to work there.

Technical Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through college recruiting.
    Had a 30 minutes on-campus interview. The interviewer was nice and made sure I was comfortable. He was more interested in knowing that I was able to do the question than asking me to write a code.

He asked about reversing my name and whether there is a loop in a linked list.