Morgan Stanley Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

3.2

152 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and got an email letting me know I would receive a phone call. A week later I got the phone call.

First Interview

I was asked "Tell me about yourself" to which I gave this spiel about how I was intrigued by the intersections of mathematics and technology. Next I was asked "why Morgan Stanley" to which I responded that I appreciated Morgan Stanley's heavy interest in the tech sector. This was followed by some technical questions such as "how do you tell if a number is the sum of two elements of a list? What if the list was sorted" and "What data structure would you use to calculate the standard deviation" and something along the lines of plotting various y-data values for single x-data values.

A week later I get notified that I made it past the first round. The second round was two weeks later and had more simple questions on HashMaps, questions on BFS & DFS, Dynamic programming, checking if a string contains a substring, reversing a singly-linked list, some simple math problems etc. I answered all of them with one exception on HashMaps and their equals() and hashcode() contract. Know all about hashmaps before applying here.

Interview Questions

• simple questions on HashMaps, questions on BFS & DFS, Dynamic programming, checking if a string contains a substring, reversing a singly-linked list, some simple math problems etc. I answered all of them with one exception on HashMaps and their equals() and hashcode() contract.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2017.

Interview

I got the interview through campus recruiting. Had a 30-min behavioral interview without coding questions. There are three teams in the technology branch and I applied for the business analyst team.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Hiring and interviewing process was very organized and smooth. HR were patient enough to answer all the queries before the interview. There were 4 rounds of interviews onsite, each of the interviewer gives a feedback about your performance to the HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Ithaca, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a 30-min on-campus interview. I was first asked about resume and experiences, which lasted for about 10 minutes. Since I mentioned something about the power of ReactJS as a OOP javascript, the interviewer asked me to code in Java on that and explain what it does. For the coding part, only 5 minutes were allowed. The rest of the time we were talking about Morgan Stanley - interviewer's everyday life and projects.

Interview Questions

• Write something in Java that's related to my experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

On campus interview followed by an on-site final round. I was remote for the on campus interview so they changed that to a phone interview. Was not selected for the on-site final round. I am not a coder so I was applying for the business analyst function, so basically a project manager role. It was 30 minutes and was most chatting a pretty standardized interivew format.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

There was an information panel followed by three back-to-back interviews. The interviews were a mix of behavioral but were also heavily technical. The technical questions came directly from resume or were tangental to something I said relating to my resume.

Interview Questions

• How do you use an interface? When would you use an interface and when would you use abstraction?   Answer Question
    • Can you implement a quicksort algorithm?   Answer Question
    • Implement two stacks using one array.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I attended a networking event that was held in July at the New York Headquarters. After the event I was scheduled for a superday interview. There were 3 back to back 1:1 technical interviews with different engineers. The process was awful for the following reasons:
    1. I was in a room with at least 20 other applicants and I had to speak loudly. Sometimes I wouldn't hear what my interviewer said.
    2. My first interviewer spoke with an accent that was difficult to comprehend.
    3. They went down a checklist and tested you on everything. There was no consideration on what your experience was in the field. This wasted a lot of time and caused the interviewer to ask questions that weren't even remotely relevent to your resume.
    4. There was no whiteboard, only paper. Writing code this way generated problems when conveying the message because the interviewer saw things upside down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Went to their super day, had three 1:1 45-minute interviews. The only behavioral questions I got for all three of them was, "tell me about yourself". 90% of the interviews were technical.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions ranged from knowledge questions (OOP, databases, your preferred language, operating system concepts, etc.), and some puzzles that required moderate comfortableness with stacks, linked lists, and dynamic programming.   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I wanted to apply for the business analyst role but they had filled up all positions so I had to give the interview for app developer. It was completely technical even if it was the first round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Sent my resume online, and did some networking. This lead to my first phone interview. My first interview involved a mix of coding questions (I think it was on linkedlists) and some mathematical questions. I was also asked some brain teasers.