Morgan Stanley Technology Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

3.2

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

A panel with experienced technology associates, followed by a teambuilding exercise and 3 45-minute interviews in a large conference hall surrounded by other interviews. Waited a week and a half for a response and even after sending an email asking for an update due to another pressing offer, they failed to respond with anything.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to print all elements of a binary tree in breadth-first order   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Associate - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straightforward interview process. Two phone interviews followed by 3 on site interviews.
    Was kept waiting for more than a week after the first phone screen. But once they got back, things moved pretty quickly from second phone screen to the onsite and to the offer. It was all within a week.
    The interviews are all fairly technical. Knowing some of the core CS concepts will be necessary such as time complexity of certain data structures. Some preparation on CS fundamentals will be helpful.

Interview Questions

• Explain how a concurrent hashmap works.   Answer Question
    • Basic RDBMS questions on indexes, joins, group by, relational schema design.   Answer Question
    • What data structure will you use to maintain top 10 traded securities by volume.   Answer Question

Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Apply through university career website. Get an on campus interview. The interview was 40 mins long. It included basic math problems and basic coding problems (with the language of your preference ). The interviewer is helpful and friendly . But it has been at least two weeks , but I am still waiting for their response about whether or not I get into the next round ( same with some other friends who also interviewed) .

Interview Questions

• Very basic coding questions and one simple math problem   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting board and then was asked for attending on-campus interview. The interviewer was very nice and was an alum. Two coding questions about finding prime numbers and permutations. He was impressed by my combinational background since I didn't study anything related to CS before. The Superday happened 10 days after the on-campus interview in NYC. There were group activities and two rounds of interviews. The first one is an indian female who wasn't concentrated at all when I was answering those behavioral questions she asked. I was a little bit offended. Then my another originally assigned interviewer didn't show up due to bad traffic, and the recruiter assigned me another interviewer on the spot. Just an easy math question and asked for coding on paper. However, I didn't realize what he really asked until it was finished.

If you didn't receive the follow up less than one week. Often times you got rejected.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone screening first, after you passed the phone screening, I was then asked to go to their new york office for face to face, 1 on 1 interview with 4 people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Got an interview in a job fair, interviewed by one person, got asked some basic conceptual questions, such as difference between Java and C++, then received email for an in person interview in New York. 4 hours long, 2 hours of group activities then 2 hours of 4 back-to-back 30-mins technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• How to convert A or B or C into 2, and so on for the rest of the alphabets. Quickest way possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Expect minimum 3 interviews and can be more depends on number of departments interested

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Questions depend on person to person. Should be able to write data structure related code. General idea of all the topics of your favorite language.   Answer Question

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

First round 45 min not technical, trying to figure out where i would fit in the company, list of topics to prepare for next round. The second round was 3 technical interviews, going through past experiences and asking why do you want to work for Morgan Stanley. 2 of the interviewers where very friendly but one of them was extremely rude. I felt the interviews went very well but still didnt get an offer.

Interview Questions

• design a schema for amazon
      5th to the last element of a linked list
      db availability
      difference between stored procedure and function
      difference between Stringbuilder and string   Answer Question

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviews are mainly focused on theoretical knowledge than practical, implementation. So, even though you are able to solve the puzzles and programming questions, if you don't know the theory, you will be rejected.
    The interviewer was also rude and quite arrogant.
    Their hiring process is also weird, I keep getting calls from their HR either for the same team or some other team. Apparently the process is not centralised.

Interview Questions

• java -
      complete working of stack
      JVM internal components
      Types of Garbage Collections
      Advantages and disadvantages of each type
      Exception Handling Hierarchy
      Collections Hierarchy
      What is collision in hash map
      Life cycle of a thread
      Checked vs Unchecked exceptions
      Inheritance vs Aggregation

DataBase -
      What is an index
      Types of indexes
      Transaction in database
      why are batch inserts faster than single inserts
      Normalization - What/Why/Types
      Locks in databases
      isolation levels available in DB2   Answer Question

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process is lengthy and tiring to be cramped in a day.
    The selection process started with an aptitude test of 3 hours followed by an offline coding test.
    I had 4 rounds of interviews each of about 1 hour and a group discussion of 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions based on data structures, computer graphics, optimisation of algorithms.   Answer Question