Morgan Stanley Technology Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Technology Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

1st round - interviewed on campus, applied through career website for a different job but got interview for this role. 30 minutes technical interview. Rude interviewers.
2nd round - brought in for super-day. Had a panel, group activity, then brought into a room with 50 interviewers lined up at tables. Completed three 45 minute interviews. The first one went really well, second was okay, and the third went badly. Some of the interviewers were really rude and didn't understand the type of role I was looking for. None of the employees seemed very happy to work there.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you were asked to develop a poker game application. What kinds of questions would you ask and how would you implement it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting website, and got an on campus interview a week later. The night before the interview, there was a networking session. The on campus interview was resume questions and some simple OO questions. 1 week later, got invite for superday. Superday was an information panel, followed by a group activity where we had to make a bridge with toothpicks and gummy bears. Then, had 3 interviews in a row. Heard back with offer after 3 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

The HR team at MS is great. I interviewed for the Business Analyst position. The entire interview process took 3-4 weeks. I had an onsite group interview and then 3 X 45mins interviews with current MS employees. I was then contacted via phone about offer decisions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this particular experience eon your resume? What were some challenges you faced and how did you resolve them?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through my university. My first interview was just a half hour chat with an Engineer from the networks team. It went pretty well. No technical questions were asked. Although I heard that some panels asked candidates to write code.
    The super day at their New York office had 3 back to back interviews. Two of which core-technical and one behavioral with a Team director.
    The technical interviews spanned across algorithms, basic computer science, networks, operating systems and even some finance questions(because I had a finance background)

Interview Questions

• Explain deadlocks   Answer Question
    • How do you set up your own email server?   1 Answer
    • Java related questions... synchronized.. static etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a super day which had a group activity to build bridge using only paper and tape.Then had three back to back interview.The interviewers were all BA although I had applied for the Infrastructure Developer.They asked me technical questions related to C++ Algorithms Data Structure Shell Scripting SQL Queries,PL-SQL Procedure.So now I am not sure if I was being interviewed for BA or Infrastructure Developer although I made it clear to them that I am interested in Coding only.Waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between inner and outer join?
      Explain the type of indexes?
      Given the range sort an array in O(n)?
      How does a Coin counting machine works?   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the BA track within technology. Two 30 minute phone interviews back to back. First was a very laid back behavioral one. Second was a more technical quiz-like one. The technical questions were fair and the interviewer helped out with some hints for the more difficult ones (like the brain teaser).

Interview Questions

• Phases of SDLC   Answer Question
    • Would a space ship be built using a waterfall method or agile?   1 Answer
    • When would you use abstraction in Java?   Answer Question
    • Pretend I am your client and I want you to build me a chair - ask me questions   Answer Question
    • There are 2 doors with a guard infront of each. One door leads to freedom. One guard tells the truth and the other guard tells lies. You can only ask 1 question to 1 guard. What do you ask in order to find out which door leads to freedom?   2 Answers

Technology Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The entire process took around 4 weeks. There was 1 round of interview on campus, 1 group activity and other 3 rounds of interview at Morgan Stanley office in NY. The group activity was fun, they mostly check how you approach a give problem. The technical rounds will focus mostly on what you mention in your resume. They touched upon almost all the languages I had written in my resume and tested the breadth of my knowledge (not so much the depth). My primary language was C, so they asked me to write few codes in C. They also asked me to write few Java , HTML and CSS code and SQL queries (although they were quite simple) as I had mentioned them in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Questions on searching and sorting, 1 puzzle, how do you cascade styles through css, few questions on JAVA - abstract classes and interfaces , question on inner join, outer join and cross join, few questions on pointers, lots of questions on resume - academic projects and work experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First a 30min on campus interview. Then a second round in New York. One group activity and then 3, 45min interview.
    Mostly technical questions, no coding.
    There was also a mandatory on campus networking event.

Interview Questions

• Drawing class hierarchy for object oriented. What's DDOS, Syn Flood, Buffer Overlfow, how the stack grow... Networking question, what's BGP... OS oriented questions, database questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interviewer first me asked me to choose either BA or Developer role. Then he began asking questions about coding and data structures, like how to reverse linked list, how to balance BST and some knowledge-based questions about C++

Technology Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through in my campus at Stevens Institute of Technology. I got a response after 2nd week and they took my interview on campus. It lasted for 15 min and it was fully technical for me.

Interview Questions

• What is the time complexity of heap map?   1 Answer