Morgan Stanley Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

I had 3 rounds of interviews that went well. Human Resources kept me in the loop as to where everything was going and what to expect next. The first round was a phone interview and rounds two and three were in person. Once the decision was made they got back to me with the details of the offer.

Interview Questions

• They want to know how I dealt with specific situation related to this position.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Multiple rounds, behavioral interviews combined with technical, market trends and current/recent events/transactions. Interviews focused on determine good fit with MS culture. Tough negotiation process for comp. MS comp usually lower than other bulge bracket peers.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions focused on accomplishments, management style, adversity. Technical questions in-line with IBD peers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Columbus, OH).

Interview

They wanted to know if I would accept the position as cashier, wire operator and new accounts clerk and also as an assistant to the current operations manager and branch manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

On site interview with members of the team that consisted of fit and behavior questions. The members of the team were cordial but the whole process was confusing. They told me that they would get back to me and never did. On top of this I had another interview with the company, unrelated, and the same exact thing happened. I received no feedback or response on the position from anyone from the company. I know that no company is required to get back to employees after interviews but there is a standard of professionalism that is expected. I would not interview or work for this company ever, period.

Interview Questions

• What type of culture are you looking for.   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Collegial and team-oriented. Met with most of the team that I eventually worked with, as well as the head of the group. Salary negotiations were left to human resources to work out. If you go in at a title that you consider too low, you can request a review at the end of a year for a promotion, if you meet agreed-upon metrics.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was straight forward pretty easy. Interviewers were not very technical, given that they are a bank. Its not a surprise. I applied through linkedin, the recruiter reached out to me, recommended some refromatting of my Resume to more highlight and suit the role that I was applying for. From there the recruiter guided me through the process.

Interview Questions

• is Kafka kerberized ? If not how difficult to kerberize it. How do you create partitions ?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

Interview

HR was very delayed and not organized but the finance department made up for it. I had two rounds of interviews on two separate days. The interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Techincal questions related to new regulatory requirements   Answer Question

Negotiation

very easy. I said my range and they met it.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

This was an internal move, but was for a promotion so it was easy to scout and learn about the hiring managers and the challenges facing the role. I met with two Director level managers who covered different products. The questions were fairly straight forward as were my answers and it was much more of a "feel-out" process as to make sure there would be a strong work dynamic. I was advised I would hear within two weeks and received an offer in the timeline established.

Interview Questions

• Barring no additional resources (i.e. money, staff etc), how would you improve the current service rates of the team? Basically, how do you motivate someone to work harder with no carrot in front of them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no room to negotiate as this was internal

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

First round with senior research associate (person under the analyst on the research report), second round with senior research analyst (person at the top of the research report) and third / final round with equity sales professionals. Questions were usual "walk me through your resume" as well as "pitch me a stock" and also "how do you think about evaluating the quality of a company vs. the quality of a stock".

Interview Questions

• Wouldn't you simply work here for a while and then jump to the buy side?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

11 interviews of 30 mins each. Intense and focused. No time to relax and 'sell' oneself. At the same time the interviewer didnt get an opportunity to ask tough questions.

Interview Questions

• No tough questions; in a 30 minute interview limited opportunity for such items.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation opportunity, more of a take it or leave it.