Morgan Stanley Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Vice President Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.3

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2011.

Interview

after phone screening ; there are several rounds of one on one interview; they are very very selective in the process; the whole group meets the person which he is being interviewed and then based the rating from each interviewer a decision is reached.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Collegial and team-oriented. Met with most of the team that I eventually worked with, as well as the head of the group. Salary negotiations were left to human resources to work out. If you go in at a title that you consider too low, you can request a review at the end of a year for a promotion, if you meet agreed-upon metrics.

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Typical, interview process. I met with Human Resources first, then with the hiring manager and finally a diverse group of people from the hiring team. Was asked to describe market and operations specific questions around pricing data flows. Was also asked how I would handle certain situations, large volumes, ect. The harder question was how I would manage the interaction with 17,000 financial advisors and ways to make communication manageable and auditable.

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered the position and I took it. Looking back now, I should always negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Columbus, OH).

Interview

They wanted to know if I would accept the position as cashier, wire operator and new accounts clerk and also as an assistant to the current operations manager and branch manager

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Multiple rounds, behavioral interviews combined with technical, market trends and current/recent events/transactions. Interviews focused on determine good fit with MS culture. Tough negotiation process for comp. MS comp usually lower than other bulge bracket peers.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions focused on accomplishments, management style, adversity. Technical questions in-line with IBD peers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

On site interview with members of the team that consisted of fit and behavior questions. The members of the team were cordial but the whole process was confusing. They told me that they would get back to me and never did. On top of this I had another interview with the company, unrelated, and the same exact thing happened. I received no feedback or response on the position from anyone from the company. I know that no company is required to get back to employees after interviews but there is a standard of professionalism that is expected. I would not interview or work for this company ever, period.

Interview Questions

• What type of culture are you looking for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I have been through 3 very good rounds and normally they have fixed up the next round within a few days of the first. After the last round, I have not heard anything for over a week now. Is this normal? Do they not tell the people if the person is not selected? Any feedback appreciated.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Interviews over two different days. Recommended by other employees. Merger created a significant amount of work.

Interview Questions

• Questions of a technical nature requiring knowledge of the specific business environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Phone interview plus 12+ interviews, 3-4 per day.
    People are clearly smart. Some interesting interview questions. Mostly standard fair.

Interview Questions

• Exact mechanism of current c++ exception handling as compared to previous implementations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations done through recruiter, easy that way.
    Guaranteed Bonus is a must, but hard to get now.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

First round with senior research associate (person under the analyst on the research report), second round with senior research analyst (person at the top of the research report) and third / final round with equity sales professionals. Questions were usual "walk me through your resume" as well as "pitch me a stock" and also "how do you think about evaluating the quality of a company vs. the quality of a stock".

Interview Questions

• Wouldn't you simply work here for a while and then jump to the buy side?   1 Answer