Morgan Stanley Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Vice President Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.3

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

Interview

HR was very delayed and not organized but the finance department made up for it. I had two rounds of interviews on two separate days. The interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Techincal questions related to new regulatory requirements   Answer Question

Negotiation

very easy. I said my range and they met it.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2011.

Interview

after phone screening ; there are several rounds of one on one interview; they are very very selective in the process; the whole group meets the person which he is being interviewed and then based the rating from each interviewer a decision is reached.

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Typical, interview process. I met with Human Resources first, then with the hiring manager and finally a diverse group of people from the hiring team. Was asked to describe market and operations specific questions around pricing data flows. Was also asked how I would handle certain situations, large volumes, ect. The harder question was how I would manage the interaction with 17,000 financial advisors and ways to make communication manageable and auditable.

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered the position and I took it. Looking back now, I should always negotiate.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Collegial and team-oriented. Met with most of the team that I eventually worked with, as well as the head of the group. Salary negotiations were left to human resources to work out. If you go in at a title that you consider too low, you can request a review at the end of a year for a promotion, if you meet agreed-upon metrics.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Columbus, OH).

Interview

They wanted to know if I would accept the position as cashier, wire operator and new accounts clerk and also as an assistant to the current operations manager and branch manager

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Phone interview plus 12+ interviews, 3-4 per day.
    People are clearly smart. Some interesting interview questions. Mostly standard fair.

Interview Questions

• Exact mechanism of current c++ exception handling as compared to previous implementations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations done through recruiter, easy that way.
    Guaranteed Bonus is a must, but hard to get now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I have been through 3 very good rounds and normally they have fixed up the next round within a few days of the first. After the last round, I have not heard anything for over a week now. Is this normal? Do they not tell the people if the person is not selected? Any feedback appreciated.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Interviews over two different days. Recommended by other employees. Merger created a significant amount of work.

Interview Questions

• Questions of a technical nature requiring knowledge of the specific business environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was straight forward pretty easy. Interviewers were not very technical, given that they are a bank. Its not a surprise. I applied through linkedin, the recruiter reached out to me, recommended some refromatting of my Resume to more highlight and suit the role that I was applying for. From there the recruiter guided me through the process.

Interview Questions

• is Kafka kerberized ? If not how difficult to kerberize it. How do you create partitions ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

11 interviews of 30 mins each. Intense and focused. No time to relax and 'sell' oneself. At the same time the interviewer didnt get an opportunity to ask tough questions.

Interview Questions

• No tough questions; in a 30 minute interview limited opportunity for such items.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation opportunity, more of a take it or leave it.