Morgan Stanley Vice President Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Vice President Technology Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vice President, Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

one phone screen, a couple of in person interviews - mainly technology focused and then a ft interview. 2 of the interviewers were great, one was a bozo. But overall its good. Some old ED level folks are wayyy out of touch with the market/tech stack though.

The junior programmers(producers) were very sharp, but the dev managers/senior Tech managers seemed a bit old school

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Vice President Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

7 Panel interview - including Executive Directors and VPs to confirm experience an day to day operation of technical project management.

Interview Questions

• Can you define requirements and track defects using industry standard tools and if so which tools.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was fair and expected - within 15 days of the interview process.

Vice President Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process at MS was pretty straight forward. After having been submitted by an external recruiter, I was interviewed in person (no phone screen) by the hiring manager in his office. The interview went well and I believe the questions were more his own, i.e. it didn't feel like he followed a company assigned script. After the first interview, I was invited to speak to 2 peers of his during the same visit. Those interviews were very high-level and friendly. Finally I was interviewed by the hiring manager's boss a few days later. That interview was a little tougher and it felt like he was trying to stress test me a bit, but overall it was fine. The offer came in about a week after the final interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The hiring manager set my expectation as to the salary range right away so there hadn't been much negotiation.

Vice President, Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

Regarding Enterprise Technology the process is generally very long and slow. On average it can take about 4 to 6 weeks from start to end. Numerous levels of interviews are required from local and remote hiring managers. Local HR is relatively junior and doesn't possess any real decision making authority but manages the local process only. The right profile, influence/persuasion and lots of patience will be required if you're looking to land a job in the firm.

Interview Questions

• Questions vary depending on the interviewer, role and function. There are no standardized questions. The general approach is tiered:

1) 1 or 2 Phone Screens: Assessment of expectations, motivation and English language skills. Performed by local HR representative and functional contact (30 minute duration).

2) 1 or 2 Technical Interviews: Assessment of technical skills and knowledge appropriate for the role. Performed by functional team lead/members (30 - 60 minutes duration), on-site and/or phone.

3) 1 or 2 Manager Interviews: Assessment of team-fit and overall ability to deliver value add. Performed by local and/or functional managers (30 - 60 minutes), on-site and/or phone.

4) 1 or 2 Culture-fit Interview: Assessment of cultural-fit to Morgan Stanley. Performed by local department heads (30 - 60 minutes), typically on-site.   1 Answer