Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Intern Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Very straight forward hiring process. First, a phone interview that outlines the internship and they asks you about your experiences. After a couple of weeks, they schedule a face to face interview. General personality questions and indepth look into your previous experiences.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Santa Cruz, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Just asked me short questions on the phone and was invited to come in the office the following week.

Interview was easy and fast but the hiring process was long. They took almost 3 months to do a background check- during this process they also attempted to withdraw my offer. Had to talk to branch manager and HR department to regain my offer.

Interview Questions

• Just asked about my personality, my previous work experience and my future plans.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Just minimum wage

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Wellesley, MA) in February 2009.

Interview

As an inter, I had one interview with the wealth management professional whose book I would be working for. It was a fairly simple interview, more of a meet and great to see if I would fit with the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was an internship, so not much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Seattle, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

I heard about this opening from a former employee who submitted my resume to the broker that I worked for. After the initial resume drop, I was invited to a first round interview via phone with my broker's registered client service associate (CSA). This phone interview lasted for about 45 minutes and consisted mainly of behavioral questions. Next, I was invited for a second round in-office interview with the broker and her CSA. This interview lasted for about two hours and consisted of more behavioral questions, in addition to situational and brainteaser questions.

Interview Questions

• You've worked all day, and now it's 7pm at night. You are in the process of putting together a performance appraisal and report for one of our biggest clients and noticed that you have made a huge mistake. This mistake will take about 20 minutes to fix, and you have a very important meeting that you have to attend at 7:30pm; it will take you close to a half an hour to get to this meeting. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Francisco, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

The interview consisted of a rotational interview at the office with 4 people ranging from financial advisors up to the director. Each one lasted only 15 minutes, for a total of 1 hour. They were all relatively warm and inviting so everything was more of a conversation rather than an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this industry?   Answer Question
    • If you had to recommend me a stock, which one would you choose and why?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when you were a leader.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2008.

Interview

I contacted the regional recruiter looking for investment banking opportunities in South Florida. She referred me to the Wealth Management Division. I received a call from Corporate who asked my about my interests, experiences, etc. I spoke with the same lady once more by phone and she gave me specific details about the internship. I arranged an in-person meeting at the regional office and met with the Senior Manager. There was a clear lack of communication between corporate and regional, the guy interviewing me barely knew why I was there. We talked about football and my career path and I left. I received a call from the regional recruiter, who informed me I had been selected. I received a formal application packet by mail, and booked by travel arrangements for the training program in NY with the internal agency. The rest was history.