Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 5, 2017

2.7

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Wealth Management Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Was given an interview through a school application. Went to the branch and interviewed with a Financial Advisor for about an hour and a half. Interview went well and was offered a 10 month part time internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What makes you believe you can succeed in this industry?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, fairly standard process. Interviewed at Morgan Stanley in New York City. Was told what the responsibilities would be during the process. Asked about my previous experiences in finance/banking.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume? Why Morgan Stanley? What do you hope to gain from this internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

In-person interview. I was told I would hear back by the end of the following week. Never heard back, followed up and still never heard back. Talk about bad PR and bad HR practices.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone Interview then interview in the office. Mostly behavioral questions with a few basic technicals. Overall everyone was very friendly and the firm was nice. I interviewed in the Chicago Office for Private Wealth Management.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Blue Bell, PA).

Interview

Applied through university career site. Shortly after, I got a call from a representative to schedule an interview. She left a message without leaving her name or even what company she was with, so when I returned her call I had to ask, (as there are many companies I had been looking at and applied for) and she seemed offended that I didn't know it was "Morgan Stanley, a financial institution." On par with our first point of contact, she later cancelled the interview with another very pleasant voicemail, "Hey this is XYZ with MS, I'm cancelling your appointment. The position has been filled."

This rep was unprofessional and extremely rude. Although MS is a prestigious institution, I would not imagine that this is the best environment to work.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then an in person interview, then another phone interview, and now another in person interview. The first in person interview was with a panel of 3 people, the person I originally talked with on the phone, someone from the wealth management department, and a second person form the HR department.

Interview Questions

• If you could create any color crayon, what would it be and why? followed by how would you go door to door to sell it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Selected to participate in the Super-Day; 25-30 minute long behavioral/technical interviews with 5 different VPs and Executive Directors. The HR facilitates the transition and you have the chance to meet the group you are interviewing against.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

one phone screen and one in-person-
    The phone interview was more about resume, personality, strengths and weaknesses.
    In-person was more behavioral and situational questions.
    Advice: just let your personality shine through and be yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Three interviews took about three weeks. they contact me through email and set up an phone interview. the first interview with the HR recruiter, second one with the financial advisor, and the last one with the senior portfolio manager. Overall I would say people at morgan stanley are really nice.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Simple process, but took a long time. Basic interview questions from everyone in the financial advisor group you applied to. The thing is, wealth management isn't as technical as compared to careers like investment banking, so expect much more administrative duties.