Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

In-person interview. I was told I would hear back by the end of the following week. Never heard back, followed up and still never heard back. Talk about bad PR and bad HR practices.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone Interview then interview in the office. Mostly behavioral questions with a few basic technicals. Overall everyone was very friendly and the firm was nice. I interviewed in the Chicago Office for Private Wealth Management.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Blue Bell, PA).

Interview

Applied through university career site. Shortly after, I got a call from a representative to schedule an interview. She left a message without leaving her name or even what company she was with, so when I returned her call I had to ask, (as there are many companies I had been looking at and applied for) and she seemed offended that I didn't know it was "Morgan Stanley, a financial institution." On par with our first point of contact, she later cancelled the interview with another very pleasant voicemail, "Hey this is XYZ with MS, I'm cancelling your appointment. The position has been filled."

This rep was unprofessional and extremely rude. Although MS is a prestigious institution, I would not imagine that this is the best environment to work.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then an in person interview, then another phone interview, and now another in person interview. The first in person interview was with a panel of 3 people, the person I originally talked with on the phone, someone from the wealth management department, and a second person form the HR department.

Interview Questions

• If you could create any color crayon, what would it be and why? followed by how would you go door to door to sell it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Selected to participate in the Super-Day; 25-30 minute long behavioral/technical interviews with 5 different VPs and Executive Directors. The HR facilitates the transition and you have the chance to meet the group you are interviewing against.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Simple process, but took a long time. Basic interview questions from everyone in the financial advisor group you applied to. The thing is, wealth management isn't as technical as compared to careers like investment banking, so expect much more administrative duties.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

We sat down, reviewed my current resume, discussed goals and skills that I to achieve during my time there over the summer, waited on a background check to clear, interviewed at a central office and then received an offer with orientation and then training.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Asked a decent amount of technical question then followed with behavioral. Make sure to follow up on business articles and read about the marker. The more you know the better

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Super Day was 4 rounds of 30 min. Each interviewer focused on a different area; one getting a sense of your teamwork style, one competency-based, one about where you see yourself at Morgan Stanley, and one based off of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that's not on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

2 rounds: first round was more fit, the second was the super day, which consisted of traveling to NYC to meet with 4 or 5 people. A lot of it was fit as well, little technical, as the Wealth Management role at Morgan Stanley is primarily a "sales" role. In fact, you actually had to prepare a sales pitch on anything of your choice. You could sell them a pen or you could sell them a stock--up to you!

Interview Questions

• Why Wealth Management at Morgan Stanley?   1 Answer