Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bellevue, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was extremely simple, it was only my first professional interview and the recruiter made me feel completely at ease. She was a regular employee there and as an intern you would be working to prepare reports under her. Excel is emphasized a lot in the interview as many tasks involved using excel to prepare reports for her to present to clients.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you dealt with conflict.
    Have you had experience with financial reports before?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

We sat down, reviewed my current resume, discussed goals and skills that I to achieve during my time there over the summer, waited on a background check to clear, interviewed at a central office and then received an offer with orientation and then training.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then an in person interview, then another phone interview, and now another in person interview. The first in person interview was with a panel of 3 people, the person I originally talked with on the phone, someone from the wealth management department, and a second person form the HR department.

Interview Questions

• If you could create any color crayon, what would it be and why? followed by how would you go door to door to sell it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Simple process, but took a long time. Basic interview questions from everyone in the financial advisor group you applied to. The thing is, wealth management isn't as technical as compared to careers like investment banking, so expect much more administrative duties.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Selected to participate in the Super-Day; 25-30 minute long behavioral/technical interviews with 5 different VPs and Executive Directors. The HR facilitates the transition and you have the chance to meet the group you are interviewing against.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Blue Bell, PA).

Interview

Applied through university career site. Shortly after, I got a call from a representative to schedule an interview. She left a message without leaving her name or even what company she was with, so when I returned her call I had to ask, (as there are many companies I had been looking at and applied for) and she seemed offended that I didn't know it was "Morgan Stanley, a financial institution." On par with our first point of contact, she later cancelled the interview with another very pleasant voicemail, "Hey this is XYZ with MS, I'm cancelling your appointment. The position has been filled."

This rep was unprofessional and extremely rude. Although MS is a prestigious institution, I would not imagine that this is the best environment to work.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone Interview then interview in the office. Mostly behavioral questions with a few basic technicals. Overall everyone was very friendly and the firm was nice. I interviewed in the Chicago Office for Private Wealth Management.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Basic behavioral and marketing based questions. Read the WSJ and Bloomberg to stay up to date. Practice simple common interview questions. You will most likely have a phone interview with HR, then a phone interview with someone in the department. Once you pass those interviews, you will most likely have a super day with 4 30 min interviews back to back.

Interview Questions

• What is the 10-year treasury rate? What is the S&P/Dow/Nasdac/etc. trading at?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Beverly Hills, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

two interviews, second interview was mainly asking about hours and availability whereas first was behavioral;Walk me through your resume and your prior experience
    Why Morgan Stanley
    Mock phone call with "client"
    Basic behavioral interview although they want to know what you know about their specific team and what a financial advisor really does

Interview Questions

• What do you now about financial advising
      What do you know about what I do
      Why do you want to go into the financial industry   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Three interviews took about three weeks. they contact me through email and set up an phone interview. the first interview with the HR recruiter, second one with the financial advisor, and the last one with the senior portfolio manager. Overall I would say people at morgan stanley are really nice.