Morningstar Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morningstar Marketing Manager Interview Questions

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morningstar (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very formal process, asking situational questions (ie. tell me about a time that you had to overcome a failure at work). Very good and prompt at following up regarding next steps.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced adversity on a project and how did you resolve?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morningstar

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morningstar (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a week or so later asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with HR and went really well and were a lot of standard questions about my interest in the company, my past experience and current position, etc.. A few days later I got a call asking for me to come in for an in-person interview. The HR rep sent me a very detail schedule with names and times, included which was really helpful and something I had never received at interviews with other companies.

The in-person interview was to be in 3 groups, the first two in pairs and the last one was with just one person. The first pair of interviews was terrible. The VP of the division was rude and seemed outwardly skeptical of why I was even there in the first place and he outright laughed at one of my answers about a class I had taken in college like it was so beneath him (I learned later from multiple people in the company that said VP is known for being like that). The other person interviewing me with him tried to make it less uncomfortable, but I couldn't help leaving there feeling irritated and offended.

The second round was easier, but one of the people interviewing me was someone I knew from college who had told a mutual friend of ours that he would not be interviewing me, yet then did end up interviewing me but pretended like he didn't know who I was because he obviously wasn't supposed to be there. I'm sure anyone could imagine how uncomfortable that was, especially because i had no idea he was going to pretend like he didn't know me so I'm sure the 3rd person in the room was wondering what was going on. During the second round the VP stepped back in to say that the person who was to be interviewing me next was no longer able to make the interview.

All in all, I left feeling discouraged, offended and pretty angry. I found out through the interview process that this position was more like an admin position that actually doing any real marketing. I had listed a Morningstar reference for the position and found out that no one ever contacted him along the way, which I thought was odd. It took more time than it should have for me to hear back about not being offered the position. While Morningstar has a great reputation for its workplace culture, this hiring process unfortunately turned me off from the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you even have an interest in finance or know anything about it?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morningstar.

Interview

I applied online for the position, and was contacted by phone about 3 weeks later by an HR rep. She asked me basic 1st interview questions and said somebody would be in touch. I hard back about a week later a call was set up the hiring manager. She asked me more detailed questions about my experience and about my interest in the position. I was then asked to come to the morningstar offices for an in person interview. I met with the hiring manager, and a group of 5 different individuals who all asked me questions about my experience, interest in the position and morningstar and generally how I thought I would fit in and contribute to what it is they do.