Morrison Child and Family Services Assistant Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Morrison Child and Family Services

1 Interview Review

Assistant Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morrison Child and Family Services (Portland, OR) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone screening with someone from the main administrative office. Was invited to in-person interview at their SW location. Buzzed into the secure location by a staff member. They tried to contact someone who knew something about the interview. Sat and waited 30 minutes past the time of the interview for someone to come down and greet me. No explanation or apology for the delay. Panel interview consisting of hiring managerr and 4 other various members of the team. Pretty straightforward interview questions; nothing that stands out as particularly difficult. The hiring manager repeatedly said that she/they "are building the plane as they are flying it" throughout the interview. If the long wait wasn't already a red flag, then this was the siren being sounded to run away and not look back. This was obviously a poorly running program and people were reacting to situations and trying to put out fires instead of being able to be proactive and set themselves and others up for success. The hiring manager had recently taken over leadership from someone else and was attempting to get things on track for this 1 year old program. The staff did seem committed to their work, albeit a little drained looking. Relatively low energy in the room. As far as unaccompanied minor detention centers go, this was clean and the children seemed to be well taken care of and happy. There was evidence of education taking place. I was actually relieved when I wasn't offered the position.

Interview Questions

• There was no question that particularly stood out, nor do I remember.   Answer Question