Morrison Child and Family Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morrison Child and Family Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Morrison Child and Family Services

Mental Health Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morrison Child and Family Services (Portland, OR).

Interview

Was pleasantly surprised to get a call for an interview very quickly. However, the lady on the phone didn't seem very happy when she called. They never got back to me about my interview, and did not respond to my thank you email or my follow up question. Supervisor seemed a bit burnt out.

Mental Health Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morrison Child and Family Services (Portland, OR).

Interview

I submitted an application online which was easy, got a call to schedule an interview a few days later. Had an interview in person with manager who would be directly supervising me, interviewer seemed incredibly burnt out. No calls, no contact, did not return emails or phone calls checking in about the position / second interview. Very unprofessional for this type of work! Glad I accepted elsewhere, communication between programs seems poor and employees did not look very happy.

Mental Health Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morrison Child and Family Services in December 2014.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview where we talked about my qualifications and interest in the position. They scheduled a skype interview between myself and the supervisor and a number of other employess.

Interview Questions

• Based on this vignette how would gather supplementary information and diagnose this client?   Answer Question

Assistant Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morrison Child and Family Services (Portland, OR) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone screening with someone from the main administrative office. Was invited to in-person interview at their SW location. Buzzed into the secure location by a staff member. They tried to contact someone who knew something about the interview. Sat and waited 30 minutes past the time of the interview for someone to come down and greet me. No explanation or apology for the delay. Panel interview consisting of hiring managerr and 4 other various members of the team. Pretty straightforward interview questions; nothing that stands out as particularly difficult. The hiring manager repeatedly said that she/they "are building the plane as they are flying it" throughout the interview. If the long wait wasn't already a red flag, then this was the siren being sounded to run away and not look back. This was obviously a poorly running program and people were reacting to situations and trying to put out fires instead of being able to be proactive and set themselves and others up for success. The hiring manager had recently taken over leadership from someone else and was attempting to get things on track for this 1 year old program. The staff did seem committed to their work, albeit a little drained looking. Relatively low energy in the room. As far as unaccompanied minor detention centers go, this was clean and the children seemed to be well taken care of and happy. There was evidence of education taking place. I was actually relieved when I wasn't offered the position.

Interview Questions

• There was no question that particularly stood out, nor do I remember.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morrison Child and Family Services (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through email, first did a phone screen and then called back a couple hours later to schedule an interview. They didn't give full job description until at the interview.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morrison Child and Family Services.

Interview

Applied on line and was called for interview. During first interview was asked to attend second group interview. Second interview contained a variety of employee types (5). Everyone I met was very nice and enjoyed the process. Never received a call to be informed that they went in another direction which I feel would have been an appropriate curtesy.

Community Based Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morrison Child and Family Services (Portland, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online via their company website. I received a call to schedule an in person interview about 1 1/2 weeks later. The first in person interview was at a different location than where the position was for. The supervisor of the interviw location and the HR manager was there to interview me. They asked me roughly 30 questions, mostly 'what would you do if BLANK.' Afterward, they let me know they would follow up with me by the end of the week. At the end of the week they asked me for a second follow up interview. The second interview was the following week at the location the person in the position would be working at. The people interviewing me this time was a case manager at the location and the person who would have been my direct supervisor. They asked me 5 questions. Afterward they again told me they would let me know their decision by the end of the week. A couple days later they offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about yourself and why you are interested in this position.   Answer Question
    • Talk about your organizational/paperwork and time management skills.   Answer Question
    • What do you look for from a work team? What strengths do you bring to a team?   Answer Question
    • How do you accept feedback/direction? What is your communication style?   Answer Question
    • What do you need in a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Tell us 3 of your strengths and 3 of your weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you're a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • What drew you to our organization and why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an upset client?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with disagreements with co-workers?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a time you worked in a team where one member wasn't as engaged. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • If you finish all your tasks for the day or have down time at work, what do you do?   Answer Question