Morrison Healthcare Executive Chef Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morrison Healthcare Executive Chef Interview Questions

Interviews at Morrison Healthcare

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morrison Healthcare (Baltimore, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

I had to take a written test & then take a chef test.

1. How many employees report to you? How many of those are managers?

2. Who do you report to?

3. What is the volume/revenue your establishment is doing in a year?

4. What is your favorite food to eat?

5. What is your favorite cuisine to cook? Why? (Look for use of ingredients)

6. Give me an example of a Springtime menu you would prepare for me? (Look for use of in-season ingredients)

7. Why did you choose to become a Chef?

8. What do you do to stay educated about new trends?

9. What do you do to insure the quality of the food going out to customers?

10. Give me an example of someone you have trained or mentored. Where did they start and where are they now?

11. How do you take ownership in your position there at ________ (company)? (look for guest interaction, financials, organization, cleanliness, quality)

12. How do you insure/test the quality of your ingredients?

Interview Questions

• What are the five mother sauces   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Morrison Healthcare

Executive Chef Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morrison Healthcare.

Interview

Difficult to get through the front door...You really need to know someone who will at least open the door for you. Seems pretty normal to have a couple of interviews, then if you get past them then their will be a cooking test and a skills/math test followed by another interview and if you pass all this then you will be passed back to a recruiter who will make a no haggle offer. It is a take it or leave it offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO Negotiations!!! It is a Take it or Leave it!!! Salary is based on size of the account, period! 2-3% bump per year after your first year. No bonus offered.

Executive Chef Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morrison Healthcare in August 2016.

Interview

Two conversations with recruiter before phone interview with Corporate Chef. Both were very pleasant and informative. It just wasn’t the right time for me to make a move. Seem to be very focused on systems and also boosting employee moral and culture.

Interview Questions

• What are some factors that contribute to a high food cost?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morrison Healthcare (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

The process was very good. I interviewed with the Regional director & the Corporate chef. THe interview went great and they offered alot of insight. The company is great to work for.

Interview Questions

• what is my management style   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morrison Healthcare (Augusta, GA) in March 2019.

Interview

Detailed oriented, professional, passionate. Outstanding people in every step in the hiring process. This company has it’s roots based on a positive professional culture. The opportunity to grow and succeed is fantastic. I look forward to a great career with Morrison

Interview Questions

• What separates me from other candidates   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morrison Healthcare (Spring Hill, FL) in November 2018.

Interview

Had a series of Interviews both in person and over the phone. Pretty long process, but at least they are thorough which also told me they are committed to finding the right candidates.

Interview Questions

• All the typical questions plus a written and practical exam.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morrison Healthcare (Knoxville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, then due to distance a Skype interview with RDO, then flown to location for formal interview and Chef's test. after chefs test was allowed to look at area housing

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morrison Healthcare (Davenport, FL) in August 2018.

Interview

Phone screening with the recruiter, initial phone interview with the hiring manager, skill knowledge and sociological test, 1-1 interview with the hiring manager and panel interview as well and a culinary test and a phone interview with the corporate chef.

Interview Questions

• Why we should hire you? How you manage conflict with your with employees?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Punta Gorda, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morrison Healthcare (Punta Gorda, FL) in October 2018.

Interview

Lengthy Process. All interviewers were very knowledgeable and helpful along the way. Easy entry and first day. Lots of information but you are given a period of time to catch up.

Executive Chef Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morrison Healthcare.

Interview

I was interview buy 3 managers. Each one ask specific question pertaining to the job. They also explained the work flow and the special events I would be in charge of. They asked me what I would bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• Would the budget be my budget or Morrison's Budget?   1 Answer