Morrison & Foerster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morrison & Foerster Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, enjoyable interview. Interviewer was quirky, and helped explained the position and what the firm was about. The process was simple, had the process expedited for me because of a competing job offer from another big law firm.

Interview Questions

• What relatable experiences do you have for the position?   Answer Question

Junior Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

15 mins interview. one question from interviewer then he start to introduce the firm. I follow up with question on my own. Overall process is uncomfortable and the interviewer is an engaging individuals with a clear enthusiasm for the team that they work in. But he seems new to hiring process and not happy in doing interview. The interview is very much formatted and he clearly show he loses interest in middle way.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

You would come in 2-3 times before anything is determined. The process is basic but the screening is demanding. You must be careful what you put in the application as the background screeners aren't very good and can mess and delay anything up.

Interview Questions

• Skill specifications. Prefer experience with Elite.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster.

Interview

Great! The interviewer was super nice and made me feel really comfortable! It was a bit intimidating at first, but my interviewer was really friendly. We just went down my resume and talked about the different experiences I have had and why I would be a good fit for the law firm

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked in a group setting   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview took three weeks. First phone call, then an inperson interview, and then a third round of multiple one on one interviews. The questions were basic behavorial questions and describing certain scenarios.

Patent Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster.

Interview

Referred through an employee and applied online. Took a really long time to hear back (3-4 months).

They scheduled a phone interview (a more senior patent agent at the firm) and after that was successful asked me to prepare a couple patent summaries as writing samples. T

After that they invited me for an in-person interview, which lasted about 3 hours and involved spending ~20-30m talking with several members of the group (usually a partner, an associate, and patent agents at the office). Went out to lunch afterward with a couple patent agents at the firm (which was still considered part of the interview).

Interview style differed dramatically between people in the group. Had everything from asking me to present my research as a chalk talk, to behavioral interview questions, to people who had looked at my publications and asked me questions dissecting them. Several questions regarded patent topics outside my expertise, which I should've admitted my ignorance on rather than trying to answer incorrectly.

The whole process from when they contacted me back about my application to in-person interview was about 6 weeks; it might have been a busy time of year. I'm putting "difficult" for interview difficulty because of the widely differing (and probably unpredictable) interview strategy of the people I met with.

Interview Questions

• Give me a chalk-talk presentation describing your dissertation topic.   Answer Question
    • Patent law is a somewhat unusual career path for scientists, why did it interest you?   Answer Question
    • Law is a service industry, a large part of our jobs involves dealing with clients. What past experience in customer-service type roles have you had?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Submitted resume online for posted position. Phone interview with MoFo Recruiter. Invited to meet with two peer positions and one managing position. Entry level questions that were read off a script by recruiter and interviewers. Was told they were moving quickly on the position and would hear back in the next day or so. Followed up with two emails. Super disappointing to receive no response from recruiter. Did I do that badly? Did you fill the position? I get that you are busy but a regret email is too much? I guess a big firm like MoFo probably doesn't care.

Talent Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone Screen with Recruiter - went really well. She was very positive and affirmative.
    1st Round Interview - in person interviews with 2 managers. They interviewed me at the same time and were very welcoming and non-intimidating.
    2nd Round Interview - in person interview with director of department. She really sold the position and the team I'd be working with.
    Follow-up with recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Name a time where you didn't finish a project or job on time. How did you handle that?
      What do you do when you're stressed at work?
      Name a time you had to deal with a difficult person and how you handle those situations.
      Give examples of projects you've managed.
      The interviewers were very good about asking job-specific questions and how you handle real work situations.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Everyone was ver nice and accommodating. After speaking over the phone, I was asked to come in to the office for an in-person and video chat interview. The questions were not hard, mostly discussed my background and the daily role of the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people? (This was asked by everyone I spoke to.)   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied online and received and email from a recruiter at their San Francisco office to schedule a phone screen.The woman was very sweet. She called on a Monday afternoon. The phone screen was very straight forward. I finished her questions in about 15 minutes. After I finished her questions, she said that she'd like to schedule an in person interview for me with the paralegal team in New York.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a difficult client and how you overcame the difficulty.   Answer Question