Morrison & Foerster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (San Francisco, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Quite simple. A few meetings with attorneys as well as with other paralegals. The questions were not very difficult and more about why I wanted to work at MoFo, what experience I had, etc. They're not trying to trick you with anything.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview took three weeks. First phone call, then an inperson interview, and then a third round of multiple one on one interviews. The questions were basic behavorial questions and describing certain scenarios.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Over two weeks. Phone, first in-person and then second in-person. Multiple 1:1 interviews

I do not think this office takes diversity seriously. It was very uncomfortable, as a minority, to show up and see the receptionists and janitorial staff completely made up of minorities, and every other aspect completely devoid of minorities. In all fairness, I did not meet everyone in the entire law firm (~100 lawyers). However, this is what I saw and that was my perception.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a negative quality of someone you worked with in the past?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied online and received and email from a recruiter at their San Francisco office to schedule a phone screen.The woman was very sweet. She called on a Monday afternoon. The phone screen was very straight forward. I finished her questions in about 15 minutes. After I finished her questions, she said that she'd like to schedule an in person interview for me with the paralegal team in New York.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a difficult client and how you overcame the difficulty.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a 30 min phone interview with HR from SF. After the phone interview I received an email that the NY office wanted to interview me. After my first interview, I received an email that they wanted me to come in and meet the team

Interview Questions

• On the phone interview I was asked what my three weaknesses are and how I overcame them. It is hard enough to think of one but three was pretty difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I should have negotiated but I accepted the offer on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (San Francisco, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by in person interview with Paralegal Supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you tried your hardest and failed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, enjoyable interview. Interviewer was quirky, and helped explained the position and what the firm was about. The process was simple, had the process expedited for me because of a competing job offer from another big law firm.

Interview Questions

• What relatable experiences do you have for the position?   Answer Question

Patent Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a headhunter, first had a phone screen and then called back a couple hours later to schedule an interview. They didn't give full job description until at the interview. The phone screen took 40 mins. Two partners were joined and gave me about three questions. The interview was done without any difficulty. At last minutes, I was given to ask questions about the firm and hiring process.

Patent Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a half day event talking to numerous lawyers and patent agents. I found their interview style to be abrasive and it didn't make me want to work there. If you did any graduate thesis work I would review it before the interview because their scientific questions about your past research will be very detailed.

Interview Questions

• To write a patent claim for something in my graduate thesis.   Answer Question

Patent Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (Alexandria, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

Had a half-day interview with several associates and one partner. Very friendly, easy process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the impact of the AIA on small businesses?   1 Answer