Morrison & Foerster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morrison & Foerster Interview Questions

Interviews at Morrison & Foerster

2.9

Internship Interview

Interview

Zoom interview with one male. Was set up in advance and we talked for roughly half an hour. We discussed my resume and my previous experiences as well as recreational activity in the area.

Lawyer Interview

Interview

There were six interviews all back to back at their office with various attorneys. Everyone was very kind. Lunch was optional. Questions were standard. Have resume printed and ready.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was confrontational from a senior male partner from the start. The recruiter appeared to see my interesting background as a plus, but the senior partner did not. He started talking about his family. I didn't feel comfortable talking about family with someone I just met.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (Denver, CO) in June 2019.

Interview

I came in and was instructed to do a 30 minute writing test. I then sat down with a person on the Business Development team who asked me some questions. Honestly, he was a bit condescending and the office was a very sterile environment, so overall not an amazing process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your greatest accomplishment at your previous job.   Answer Question

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (San Francisco, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Interview process took about a month. It was a standard process with discussions with the recruiter, hiring manager, team members, and a director. Red flags appeared when one interviewer in the role mentioned that the old team was more supportive than the new team, which triggered this individual to change roles or consider leaving the firm. It was also understood that the marketing team may not be well supported and not considered a priority and key contributor to the firm’s growth, as compared to the partners/attorneys.

An offer was given during the process; however, they were difficult to negotiate with and rescinded the offer with no initial reasoning, demonstrating there are some conflicts and miscommunications within the management teams and processes.

Interview Questions

• If you have 5 minutes to meet with the partner, how would you organize your meeting?   Answer Question

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (New York, NY).

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter as a phone screen first, and it was quite easy to answer his questions about my previous experiences and the role at hand. I met with April for the in-person interview and it was not easy to talk to her at all. I swear I saw her roll her eyes at me when I had difficulty answering one or two of her questions. She then went on to say if I had such trouble answering her questions, how would I handle myself in an interview in front of the Partners? I would say I'm intimidated, but I have worked at a large firm before. I'm honestly happy it didn't work out, as I can't imagine working with someone like that.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very standard interview, phone screening followed by in person. Professional setting, interview took ~20 minutes. Interviewer was nice, standard questions asked. Overall a fine interview, I think I just was not a good fit.

Litigation Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview which I thought went very well but was not asked to come in for a face to face. I was really disappointed and surprised as my resume reflects a history of both state and federal litigation with plenty of referrals to contact to find out more about my abilities as an employee.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific stands out. There were many generic questions like how many attorneys are you used to handling and what type of programs you've used, do you know how to create TOC/TOA.   Answer Question

Pitch Hub Assistant Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to apply for this position. Submitted my materials and heard back a couple of weeks later to schedule a phone interview process. After that I was contacted to come in and meet with the team supervisors for an in-person interview accompanied by a writing/editing assessment.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morrison & Foerster (New York, NY).

Interview

Very brief. I spoke to two managers. Thirty minutes for each, and they both asked the same questions. They were both friendly and the staff overall very welcoming. Everyone had a smile and overall a great vibe.