Mortgage Bankers Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mortgage Bankers Association Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mortgage Bankers Association

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mortgage Bankers Association in May 2017.

Interview

The first time I applied online and was brought in for an interview. Upon arriving to the office I had a feeling that the rest of the interview would not go well. In my entire career I never considered ending an interview before it started but this was the thought that initially ran through my mind.

The initial person I met with seem disinterested in being there..the second person I met with was pleasant but again there just was not good fit. Needless to say there was no call back nor a job offer.

I was recently contacted again about another position via third party and within 1 business day the position had been filled internally. Again - very odd.

Policy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mortgage Bankers Association (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at MBA twice in May 2016, two weeks apart. The entire interview process took 3 weeks. Interview questions were mostly specific to my experience and knowledge of the industry, but nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mortgage Bankers Association.

Interview

Hiring staff appeared very disorganized. Brought me in to interview for a different job than the one I applied to, yet never acknowledged this or provided any explanation. Still, I was interested in the work, and was excited to be brought back for three separate interviews (1:1 and panel stye). Met with the Regulatory Counsel, Directors, and VPs. Unfortunately, never received any indication as to what happened. My follow-up phone calls and emails were not returned. After two months I noticed the position was no longer posted on the website and gave up trying to contact them.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mortgage Bankers Association (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

The Interview process involved several steps starting with HR and continuing through the Managers, Supervisors, Team Members and back to HR. It was a regimented and defined process. I met with several potential colleagues and supervisors. Expectations, projections, and projects were all addressed. It was organized and they seem to have their hiring procedures regulated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you are interested in MBA.   1 Answer