Moss Adams LLP Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2016

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

First round interviews were on campus. Typically the recruiting manager and an Alumni (senior or partner) are the interviewers for that. Second round interview is at the office. It was an awesome experience, they take you to lunch, then afterwords you meet with 4 interviewers. Afterwords they have a social with food and drinks.

Interview Questions

• "Why are you interested in Moss Adams?"
      "Why public accounting?"
      "Tell me about this point on your resume?"
      Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Portland, OR) in June 2013.

Interview

The initial phone interview for the position went very well. Standard get-to-know-you questions, but the recruiter was very pleasant and I felt like we were having a nice conversation. The in-person interview was a different story. I had a one-on-one interview which was a similar pleasant experience. It was, unfortunately, followed by an interview with two ladies who were very cold and unpleasant. I felt they didn't give me a chance from the moment they saw me for whatever reason (maybe they didn't like my blouse?) and answering their questions was uncomfortable. I knew I didn't want to work at that company after speaking with them.

Interview Questions

• How do we know you're not just going to quit as soon as you get a job in your field?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Portland, OR) in December 2012.

Interview

Lunch and then interviews with those on talent council. It was a long time ago and I sure wish I would have been hired. I know it is a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Portland, OR) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an on-campus interview and in-office interviews.

On-campus: 30 minute Interview with a partner on campus. The questions were strictly behavioral and we spent sometime chatting about my resume then concluded with questions for the interviewer.

In-office interview: Went out to breakfast with 4 staff members(1st year staff-manager) and then interviewed with 4 partners for 30 minutes each. The interviews were straightforward and focused on my resume and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Moss Adams?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I applied for this job during Fall Recruiting and since it is so competitive among candidates, there is not much room for negotiations. It's either take it or leave it.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Portland, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online after being referred by classmate in grad school. Had a one hour phone interview with the corporate recruiter in Seattle. She was very friendly and very thorough in trying to figure out my story. I did a lot of explaining my career path and why I wanted the job. I got asked for an in-person interview in the Portland, OR office. The in-person interview was actually three 20-30 minute interviews back-to-back with the managers in the department I would be working in. Again, all polite and friendly, albeit repetitive, just getting to know me. Had I gotten through the round (I didn't), there would have been another round of interviews with the partners.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about performing a valuation on (my former small non-public company)?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Portland, OR) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. The first interview took place on campus two weeks after my application was submitted. Two weeks later, I was invited to the second interview, which was at their main office. It was about four hours long started with a brief presentation about the firm, and followed by four 1:1 interviews with managers, senior managers, and partners. A post-interview social event was hosted to give candidates a chance to meet other people at the firm. Overall, everyone was very nice and friendly and the interview process is well-organized.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Portland, OR) in August 2010.

Interview

Resume was submitted by a senior manager of another office to them.I then interviewed with 3 different people, each for 30 minutes and the third one was with the managing partner.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really hard- each interviewer asked different questions but all were about me or from my resume. No questions were hard/tricky/unexpected or testing your knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I needed a job and the salary seemed fair.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Portland, OR) in June 2010.

Interview

HR was very responsive and helpful on setting up multiple interviews in different offices. Standard phone screen with the recruiter within a day of applying. First face to face interview within a week; subsequent face to face soon thereafter. Conditional offer out within 3 weeks of the initial application submission. Interview process was more 'how well do you fit into our culture' than technical. Heavy emphasis however on leadership skills and ability to juggle multiple engagements at once.

Interview Questions

• How much travel are you willing to do?   1 Answer

Navigate Your Career Conference Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Portland, OR) in April 2010.

Interview

As I waited for the interview in my career center, I chatted with a recruiter who asked me about my interests, what classes I was taking, what I had done the previous weekend, etc. Then, I was called in to an interview room to have a formal interview with another recruiter. She asked about my resume, my interests. Pretty standard.

Intern/Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Portland, OR) in June 2008.

Interview

I networked into the hiring decision maker and focused questions on the nature of their business and what their needs looked like, based on the needs of the practice, we were able to find a good match with my prior experience and skillset. Great experience and great firm.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was much more fluid than set question and answer, it was conversational and focused on determining character attributes and long term goals for both me and the practice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was above market, so no negotiation was necessary.