Moss Adams LLP Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2017

2.3

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very short interview and I was asked for a few general questions but the recruiter sounded very professional and friendly. Hopefully I will get a face to face interview soon.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a great experience. First time that I met the people of this company was in an event( A day with Moss Adams-just a networking event, I forget the event name), there is the hint: making sure that you've talk with everyone in that event. I had my first round interview in the company, it was informational. Second interview(final round)still in the company, but 19 other candidates were there with me. Don't be nervous, just show them your personality-be yourself is extremely important. Showing your qualifications and preparing enough for those behavior questions. There were so many questions that I never heard before, when I was in the interviews. So, my advise is never copy other's words, because if you were trying to remember the answers, things become worse and worse. I never prepare answers for those type of questions, because no one wants to hire a robot.

Tax Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Flew me up, met team members, had lunch. One-on-one interviews with people at various levels. Each interviewer asked their own set of questions based on what they were looking for in a candidate. Everyone was professional and easy to speak with. The company put me up in a hotel as I was traveling for the interview and handled every step of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical, but I have a lot of technical items on my resume which we discussed.   Answer Question

IT Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview process was straightforward. I applied cold via their HR site, was contacted by a sourcer who set up a "Skype" interview with HR. Interviewed with HR, and then scheduled a day of short phone interviews, and 1 in-person interview at a nearby coffee shop. After that was invited for a day of in-house interviews with the same people, did an office tour, got taken out to a fancy lunch, and had an interview with the group's practice leader. Because the team is small, everyone knows each other, and has fluidity in working with other IT audit staff from other offices.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Moss Adams?, Why Moss Adams? What are you looking to do in your career? What was the biggest challenge you've faced? What do you do in your free time? A lot of the interview process is you asking them questions, that show how much you know and what your values are. The firm appears to be very values based (or at least the team I was interested in was)   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I had one on campus interview with a partner and second round in the office interview with a partner and 2 managers. Second round had Q&A with staff where you can learn and ask more about the company and lunch in the office with other candidates and staff. Overall I had a great experience.

Interview Questions

• All interviewers paid big attention who you are outside your professionals life.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

interview process was fairly easy, first you have a small phone interview and by the end of that they will schedule a time for you to come in, then you will have an in person interview and will be asked to apply a second time online

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The position was senior tax position. I applied online. I had phone interview with HR, and I received an invitation on site interview after 1 week from the phone interview. Interview process was very fast-paced.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Campus interview- went well, just aim at having a conversation with the interviewer. Briefly goes over your resume to explain the stuff on it/ elaborate on it.

2nd Interview- Flew me into San Francisco's office from my school at UCSB. Paid for flight and hotel. Had a reception the 1st day where you meet and talk with people who are currently working at Moss Adams. Could be your interviewer the next day. The 2nd day you get 3 thirty minute interviews with senior staff or management. They also take you out to lunch or coffee before with other staff before or after your interview.

The environment is friendly, very team work built. Be prepared with questions and answers. The people were overall friendly and they take about two weeks to get back to you.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself"
      "Provide examples of leadership qualities"

Not difficult questions but two out of my three interviewers asked that. I don't know if I got an offer or not because I just had my interview last week.
      Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Standard public accounting interview process. Brought in for a couple interviews, come back for a lunch with another round of intereviews

Interview Questions

• Nothing jumped out as being unexpected or difficult, it was all standard HR kind of stuff 'tell me about a time when...'   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiate. here is your offer, take it or leave it

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (San Francisco, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Originally had a 30 minute phone screen, most were standard questions such as why I left my last job, salary requirements and behavioral questions like how I dealt with a difficult colleague. A timeframe was given for when a decision would be made and I was contacted within that time to invite me for a face to face interview. The interview was 30 minutes with the hiring manager and then an hour for skills testing. This was a screening interview and the hiring manager described in detail the position and the partner needs.

I was notified via phone the next day that my candidacy would not be moving forward. While somewhat disappointing, it is rare that a company is so prompt in notifying unsuccessful candidates. It is all too common for companies not to notify the unsuccessful candidates. I do appreciate the courtesy and professionalism extended to me.