Moss Adams LLP Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.7

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with a tax partner and audit manager. A week later was contacted for an in-house interview. In-house interview was with 2 tax partners. Received offer the following week. Personality based questions and a couple of behavioral. Interviewers made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest class you took?
    Tell me about a time you showed leadership.
    Why shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Moss Adams LLP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Yakima, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Met for coffee at the Yakima WA office to talk about current job opportunities and the hiring process. I was given a tour of the Yakima office. Was not introduced to too many employees during the tour. The HR representative was very positive during the entire interview. No stressful questions. She did tell me that I had missed the fall hiring dates. She also told me to qualify for another interview I needed to have my degree completed and be qualified to sit for CPA exam. Also she mentioned that if I was able to get my CPA license in the my first year of employment that there was a substantial signing bonus. Overall it was a good first experience and I'm looking forward to submitting my application was I get approved to start taking the CPA exams.

Interview Questions

• Why did you get a degree in accounting?
      Why do you want to become a CPA?
      What areas of accounting are you most interested in?
      Where do you see you self in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Campbell, CA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a recruiter a couple weeks after. received a call back form the recruiter to schedule a time for a in person interview. In person interview consisted of 4 individual interviews: recruiter, manager, partner, and a senior staff. Didn't hear back until about two weeks later.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP.

Interview

I applied through school recruiting system, and I got on campus interview in a week after. The interview was very social and relaxed. The interviewer talked about the experience in Moss Adams and why moss adams. The interview lasted for around 30 mins. The people from Moss Adams are really friendly and kind, easy to talk with. Right now, I got the in office interview next week. I'm really excited about it. Hopefully, I can go through it.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I had one on campus interview with a partner and second round in the office interview with a partner and 2 managers. Second round had Q&A with staff where you can learn and ask more about the company and lunch in the office with other candidates and staff. Overall I had a great experience.

Interview Questions

• All interviewers paid big attention who you are outside your professionals life.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Interview

Two interviews. The second one was also a benefits and office orientation. Questions were typical - why accounting? why our company? etc. Interviewed with two partners, a manager, and went to lunch with two senior staff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

Campus Recruiting Process

Interviewed on campus for 1st round with HR staff. The interview felt very relaxed and conversational however I feel I was expected to be more professional. The HR staff is personable and approachable. Long recruiting process wherein networking is important. Attend as much social and professional events as possible to increase "face time." "Fit" is also important.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP.

Interview

I applied through a university. The on campus interview was 30 minutes with a partner. That same week I heard that I was selected for second round interviews. They have a few selections for date or time. The office interview included a free lunch, which gave you the opportunity to speak and socialize with staff from both audit and tax. The group was then split in two, half attending a presentation while the other half had three 30 minute, back to back interviews with partners and senior managers, switching afterward. You are then free to leave with a nice gift. Questions for both interviews were largely behavioral and gave you the opportunity to ask a lot of questions yourself. I heard back from them the following week.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

I applied through university website. The first round interview was took place on campus. It was about half an hour. The partner just asked some basic behavioral question and went over the resume.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Spokane, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I got invited to second round with Moss Adams. Overall interview was not hard at all. There were 3 sessions meeting with partner and manager each. They asked just general questions with a little bit of emphasis on teamwork and leadership ability. Interview followed with a social to meet other candidates and other staff. Social was awesome, more informal and relax, but they definitely were looking at you how you interact with people and see if you fit their firm.