Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Participant Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (Studio City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on indeed - and about a week later I got a call from HR. We scheduled my interview, but I got sick and had to reschedule. I came in and had interviews, took some tests and a few days later, I was told I got the job, but they needed to do a background check. All went well.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous jobs, how did I handle customer service situations. Between HR and the managers, I thought it went well and smooth. It ended being a friendly conversation   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position on-line. I received a call for an interview & was informed it would take about two hours as there would be some on-line assessments. The interviewer was very pleasant & she asked me a lot of questions. I spent about an hour with her. Then, I was given the opportunity to continue with the process by completing six on-line assessments (85 minute time limit for all of them). After those were completed, then I met with a supervisor in the department where I'd be working. Overall, it's seems like a great place to work. The one item that was missing from the job description is that the position is temp to hire. I opted out of the process as I was hired by another company.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to this job that will set you apart from other candidates?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my resume online, got contacted by HR for an interview. After a few back & forth calls, an interview was set up to speak with HR and take some sort of an assessment test. I came in for an interview with HR representative, who conducted a thorough interview. She proceed to thoroughly comb through my experience and asked me a lot of questions. It was long, drawn out and monotonous. The main emphasis was on how much overtime am I willing to work. She proceeded to inform me that the assessment software wasn't working, since the computers were acting up and I would have to be rescheduled to come back and take the test. I was never called back. The HR person is unprofessional and forgetful. Someone else who is more organized should be coordinating, scheduling and conducting interviews.

Interview Questions

• How much overtime am I willing to work   1 Answer

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (Studio City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

This was a quick interview process. I sat with the HR representative and after that I was asked to stay for a second interview the same day. The next portion was a background and reference check.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (Studio City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after a phone screen went onsite and took a skills test and interviewed with the hiring manager and a few of the other managers. Seemed like a solid group with a clear road map and aggressive plans update the custom and cots applications that support the business. They are a Microsoft shop so keep that in mind. Overall I was impressed.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (Studio City, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very long and drawn out. Initial interviewer very dry and exuded an "unfriendly" vibe. The process took about 40 days and I was asked to come in multiple times , went through background and another interview. At that point all communication seemed to slow,a week and a half went by with no contact. At this time an email was received from them stating that after " careful consideration" they were going with someone else. Felt like a complete wast of time, energy and gas , no feed back was provided ( which I feel was the least they could do due to all the time spent completing their process)

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a fast paced sometimes unstable environment?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (Studio City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

After submitting resume to online job posting, there was an initial phone interview, followed by email questionnaire, followed by in-person interview. After this much time and interest given by candidate, and after several follow up inquiries, absolutely zero feedback or follow up from HR department. Seems that a more professional and considerate follow up process would be in place.

Interview Questions

• All questions were typical to this kind of role and relevant to experience. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Technology Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans in September 2015.

Interview

Conference call arranged by the recruiter. I was promised a through technical interview which I looked forward to. I wanted to hear what was important to them? Are those things important to me?
    I was asked several vague questions about process not technology. The interview was short at the end I decided to pass. I think this is a small organization with a lot of tech debt. I think they want to plaster over their tech debt in a way that is easiest and short term. Not a good for anyone passionate about technology.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (Studio City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Introduced to the company via a staffing agency. Interviewed at their Studio City offices. This place truly is run by dinosaurs. The IT managers have been there for years and have very limited technical skills. They were clearly threatened by my skill set. To the point their questions just became pure stupid.

This is a VB shop, running Webforms. I turned up with MVC experience, using AngularJS. They had zero knowledge of anything that I had on my resume. Why they thought I was suitable for their role was beyond me. They had no concept to what SSL was. They didn't even know what RESTful API's were.

CIO of this place has no concept of what is going on in the real world. Stay away from this place. Run by old timers stuck in a union mentality.

Interview Questions

• How does SSL encrypt packages? It's just plain text being sent back and forth and can be easily hacked.

What is MVC? Is this some legacy technology that we've never heard of?

How do banks encrypt their websites? We've always wondered that.   Answer Question

Director; Participant Service Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (Studio City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Detailed telephone interview regarding my background, then onsite meeting with HR Leadership and Service Center Sr Director. The Sr Director seemed to be a non engaged leader for the Service Center

Interview Questions

• Very typical generic team building, employee satisfaction, how to motivate employees. One very strange question, what would it mean to you to represent Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans.   1 Answer

The pay offered was well below market. The organization wanted to produced World Class Service without investing in needed upgrades in the infrastructure. Seemed very concerned on managing a employee base that was unionized instead of just focusing on doing the right things whether or not the employees belong to a union or not.