Cover image for Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 20 of over 20 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans

Application

Interview

This process took about two weeks. In all honesty, this was one of my worst interview experiences. The process was inefficient, tedious, exhausting, and unnecessarily lengthy. I had to take 10 assessments, create multiple writing samples, go through 4 rounds of interviews (4 out of 6 I was told) only to get a standard HR rejection email. All of this, by the way, for a mid-level role and under-market pay. When I politely requested feedback (which I think is a reasonable inquiry after this much effort and investment), I got no response. I left this process feeling like my time was completely not valued and wasted. I felt strongly enough to write a review which should be telling.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral/situational questions and questions about your background.
    Answer Question
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (Studio City, CA) in Sep 2019

Interview

I applied online in early September. Other than an automated email acknowledging receipt of my application, I didn’t receive any other communication from MPIPHP about my candidacy. After about 2 months, I finally received an email from the recruiter. He included a questionnaire about my experience and qualifications. I completed and returned the questionnaire within 24 hours. A month went by with no communication, so I emailed the recruiter for an update. No response. Then another month. Still nothing. I checked the website in mid-January and the job wasn’t posted anymore. I guess it was filled. I can’t believe the lack of professionalism and common courtesy.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of positions did you recruit for at your previous jobs?

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (Studio City, CA) in Mar 2019

Interview

I got a call from HR, had brief phone interview and then I got scheduled for an in person interview. Attended my interview with HR then after tested and interviewed with two other individuals.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about my experience, my past job history, and how I would go about handling certain situations.

Application

Interview

I applied online for the Benefits Consultant position in their NYC office and was called the very next day by someone from the Studio City office. The first phone interview lasted for about 15 minutes. They followed up about two weeks later with a second phone interview that lasted between 5-7 minutes. About a week later I received a generic email advising they decided to go with other candidates. Very disappointed as I feel I was more than qualified for the position and it was a company I really wanted to work for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

Interview

Interview and computer testing were basic/standard. After a lengthy process, the recruiter gave me a starting date for the position, then one week later sent a form letter via email stating that they would be moving forward with other candidates, with no explanation. The recruiter’s behavior was unprofessional during the entire 3 week process, with excessive calls and emails to previous employers and professional references, and myself on a daily basis, even to places of employment that I worked at over 18 years ago. It is a complete waste of time to apply to this company.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have a contact phone number for the company you worked at back in 1999?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (Santa Clarita, CA) in Sep 2017

Interview

HR person emailed me and they like my resume from some venue and wanted to talk. I spoke with the HR person about general stuff and we set up a phone interview with the hiring manager a few days later. We spoke on the phone for 30 minutes. Discussed my technical skills. Very smart and personable manager. I would have enjoyed working for them.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Application

Interview

You'd think by the third interview, that's a great sign right? Well, no it's not. Everything went well until the 3rd interview came around, when one of the department managers, first of all, came in late to the interview (about 20 minutes late), right off the bat came in with an attitude and kept the same arrogant attitude throughout the whole interview, asked a few tricky, confusing, nonsense questions to make you answer in a very complicated way that really shouldn't be the case in a normal interview. It was more of an interrogation rather than a professional interview. Also, if you want to go up in life, they make it seem like it makes you look "too ambitious" so basically they want to swear you into staying in their company and same position forever. No talk about opportunities or growth within the company. When you ask them about the subject, they make u feel like you're trying to take something away from them and they pretty much said there's not much room for it. Disappointing experience and takes too much of your valuable time. The listing for this position has been up for 30+ days and I can see why because who knows what they're expecting from someone. Perhaps Superman or an older person who has nothing else to do anymore in their life. Only positive thing I can say is, it's a nice building and good benefits offered. Work on your hiring process and re-evaluate the people you place as supervisors in your departments.

Interview Questions
  • Work experience, what you did at your last job, your future plans and if they suit the position you're applying for, and ask them a bunch of questions, you'll end up being the interviewer instead of the interviewee.

Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans in May 2017

Interview

I applied for this position on-line. I received a call for an interview & was informed it would take about two hours as there would be some on-line assessments. The interviewer was very pleasant & she asked me a lot of questions. I spent about an hour with her. Then, I was given the opportunity to continue with the process by completing six on-line assessments (85 minute time limit for all of them). After those were completed, then I met with a supervisor in the department where I'd be working. Overall, it's seems like a great place to work. The one item that was missing from the job description is that the position is temp to hire. I opted out of the process as I was hired by another company.

Interview Questions
  • What will you bring to this job that will set you apart from other candidates?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (New York, NY)

Interview

I submitted my resume online, got contacted by HR for an interview. After a few back & forth calls, an interview was set up to speak with HR and take some sort of an assessment test. I came in for an interview with HR representative, who conducted a thorough interview. She proceed to thoroughly comb through my experience and asked me a lot of questions. It was long, drawn out and monotonous. The main emphasis was on how much overtime am I willing to work. She proceeded to inform me that the assessment software wasn't working, since the computers were acting up and I would have to be rescheduled to come back and take the test. I was never called back. The HR person is unprofessional and forgetful. Someone else who is more organized should be coordinating, scheduling and conducting interviews.

Interview Questions
  • How much overtime am I willing to work

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (Studio City, CA) in Nov 2016

Interview

I applied on indeed - and about a week later I got a call from HR. We scheduled my interview, but I got sick and had to reschedule. I came in and had interviews, took some tests and a few days later, I was told I got the job, but they needed to do a background check. All went well.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my previous jobs, how did I handle customer service situations. Between HR and the managers, I thought it went well and smooth. It ended being a friendly conversation
4 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Interviews

Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans as 40.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.79 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Participant Services Representative and Human Resources Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Claims Examiner and Software Developer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans takes an average of 29 days when considering 20 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Developer had the quickest hiring process (on average 3 days), whereas Participant Services Representative roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 28 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans according to 20 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 21.67%