Motley Fool Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 101 of over 101 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Motley Fool

Application

I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

The interview process for a PHP engineer role was a breath of fresh air. I had been semi-actively looking for a role for 6 months, and The Motley Fool was in an entirely different league of recruiting. My biggest peeve with technical recruiting is that I often don't feel setup for success. It's like recruiters & interviewers were setting me up to fail this big massive engineering exam. So I was very happy when the Fool recruiter walked through what would be discussed, who would be doing it, and which questions to ask the team to find common ground. Very helpful. At every step of the process I felt like I knew what was happening and when. Many interviews before the Fool it was a surprise who was on the call or what their role was, and surprisingly many times I didn't know when the meetings would be in advance. The majority of tech interviews outside the Fool included rapid-fire questions that test knowledge and not wisdom, and it felt like I was getting quizzed instead of having a dialogue. Teams at the Fool had real conversations with me, and the take-home test gave us plenty to talk about. Most people on the call asked me about something on my resume. Funny enough, it was a tossup if interviewers read my resume at all in previous company interviews! The Fool also reimbursed time for working on a test project, which was great! The interview before the Fool I spent 20 hours on a project without reimbursement, and didn't get any feedback on my submission. That was soul-crushing :-) The recruiting team truly went above and beyond working around my schedule and being a great resource for the process. A++, would interview and accept an offer again.

Interview Questions
  • What are resources you use to stay up to date on PHP/WordPress?
    Answer Question

Motley Fool

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

Applied online, recruiter screening, followed by 30min hiring manager and software lead interview. For final interview, it was a 2.5hr interview with four different panels. After that, did not receive a phone call or email informing me of the decision.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you were faced with a challenge on a project and how did you overcome it? How do you convince a team to XYZ? What is your management style? How well do you work with engineers?

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

179 Comments

Join the conversation on

Motley Fool

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motley Fool in Sep 2021

Interview

The first interview round was a 30 minute call and I think it was a successful and straightforward call. The recruiter was very thorough on job responsibilities and answered all of my questions. Hope to hear back soon!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Motley Fool

Application

I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

The interview process with Motley Fool was friendly and straight forward. The process was a general discussion with a recruiter, phone interview with hiring managers and then a panel interview with the team.

Interview Questions
  • What was an example of a recent impediment that you removed.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Motley Fool (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2021

Interview

- contacted by the recruiter within a few days of applying - quick chat and then screening round with the HR manager - first level phone interview was with a combination tech and PM - next phase was a 2 - 2.5 hour long interview with multiple stakeholders. stakeholders were for the projects the role that I was applying for - the HR and recruiter got back almost immediately after the interview to express interest in proceeding further - had a few questions and both the HR and the Hiring manager made time to explain. Transparent and genuine.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of scenarios based questions. Process oriented, if then else. They really try to understand the personality and make sure that you gel with the folks you will be working with. The company culture is really important to them - and they take care to recruit people who share their values.

Motley Fool

Application

I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

Very laid back, no coding required for SWE internship. 2 rounds, mostly explaining your projects and technical experience. First round was Zoom but the second one is by phone with 2 other engineers. Super slow in replying email.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motley Fool (Colorado Springs, CO) in Jun 2021

Interview

Phone call with a recruiter, then with the manager of the team, followed by an assessment. It was a very long interview process and took place over a month long period.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Motley Fool

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motley Fool in Jun 2021

Interview

recruiter found me on linkedin. had a phone screen with HR, 1 on 1 with hiring manager, another quick touch point with HR and assignment, lastly a 2 hour panel interview with 30 minute chunks with groups of 2 - 3. some people were in the department I was being interviewed for and others were just part of the larger company with a similar skill set to mine. assignment was paid and very straight forward.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Motley Fool

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

The first interview was great, but the second interview with the team was just okay. They didn't seem like they wanted to learn about me and my skills, and it felt mostly like they wanted to pick my brain for ideas.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Motley Fool

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

I was hired through a staffing agency. I completed two separate interviews with managers at Motley Fool. I found the process and questions to be pretty standard. They were friendly and responsive to my questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 101 Interviews