Motor City Casino Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Motor City Casino

Guest Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motor City Casino (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Briefly met with the Director of Rooms (Fred). After that I had a second interview scheduled with the Vice President. The Vice President (Randy) is friendly, but still a little intimidating. Fred basically went through my past work history and the basic questions about my employment. I then met with Randy and he asked a few tricky questions, but overall nothing too difficult. It's an entry level supervisor position, so it was basically a 'where do you see yourself going with this position' type interview structure.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motor City Casino (Detroit, MI).

Interview

1st Interview - Phone; 2nd Interview - Face-To Face with 2 people; 3rd Interview - a presentation focused on customer service with human resources department and 2 floor employees. Required to produce a training manual to complement the presentation.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions - Tell us about yourself (professional experience); Situational questions - How would you handle a problem with another employee?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Motor City Casino (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I knew the executive sous chef and he put a word in for me so I did not get that traditional interview but I had to do a criminal background check , drug test, and credit check. Now you have to do a phone interview as well as a personal interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very simple for me at that time

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motor City Casino (Detroit, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview it was pretty simple but prior to that you had to do a psychological test which was time-consuming . Then you had to go in and take a test to see what you knew as a bartender. And then a one-on-one interview with the manager which was easy to. Very informal and easy.

Interview Questions

• When I was hired it was about cocktails and wine no your recipes.   1 Answer

Dealer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motor City Casino (Detroit, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and then in person interview with math test. Know how to pay a blackjack which is 3:2. So know how to do that. And then do it. Also be from detroit they basically have to hire you.