Motorola Mobility Interview Questions in Illinois | Glassdoor

2.9

87 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Six different interviews filled with panels of people and a 2 hr comprehensive online exam. Emails being sent to me about interviews the next day at 2am. The coo of the credit union had major personal issues and her whole team quit on her.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call in two weeks to schedule a video interview. The interview went on for two hours with five different people.
    They are really nice and they asked everything on resume. A few technical questions based on skill set mentioned on resume.
    Just be confident and prepare your resume very well.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was very unorganized. The recruiter set me up with the interview but disappeared, so I was unable to follow up with him. Another recruiter set me up with a face to face to meet with 3 managers. Upon arriving, I found out that emergencies came up with 2 of the managers, another manager had to be found for the interview. I guess I was not on the schedule. We did a Skype with another manager but I could not see her. I could have just spoke to her by phone. All appeared not interested in interviewing!

I followed up and got a call back from a new recruiter that I was still under consideration for the position but later never heard back from anyone. To this date, after a couple of months, I have not received any final feedback on whether I am still under consideration or if the position has been filled. It would have been nice to receive a call or email, instead of being left hanging after investing a lot of time in the interview process with this company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Really nice and friendly people. Interview in 5 rounds. Asked everything on resume and explained their work culture, their project and things i will be doing. Talked about interest and current projects which I am doing.

Interview Questions

• Why an application is not able to connect to the internet?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Typical interview. Explained the day to day functions of the department. Discussed short and long term business plans. Wanted an example of how I was able to resolve a difficult customer issue in the past. I received an email 2 weeks later that they had selected a different candidate.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process is like another piece of data, and I believe it's a glimpse into how a company runs and what it will be like to work there.

First you have a phone interview with the HR manager, and then a phone interview with the hiring manager, and if that goes well, they ask you to come in for a in-person portfolio review with the team (6 people) + 4 additional 1:1 interviews.

Afterwards, I never heard back from anyone, even after I emailed a follow-up - which is frustrating after you spend personal and working time to prepare and interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you ... failed, or had bad results, how did you overcome it.... very typical corporate America questions. Basically, they are looking to hear the right things, so you fit within their environment. You know make this stuff up, and turn your negatives into a positive.   2 Answers

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was pretty technical. Hr person contacted and asked for availability. Then hiring manager called for a phone interview. We spent more than 30 mins on the resume and he was pretty happy. I could see during process. Even before we hangup he offered me to come on site for a full interview. That was my first interview but I did preparw pretty hard and passed.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They did not reimburse me for traveling 150 miles to the nearest airport. I had to repeatedly explain to their representative the location of the nearest airport to my location. They were clearly more interested in hiring someone who was a good talker, than they were interested in someone with good engineering skills.

Interview Questions

• They wanted me to use a Smith Chart to determine impedances for matching.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

After a initial coding test, I had two back to back technical video interviews. The interviewers weren't very sure of what they wanted and made the experience quite stressful. The second round was especially vague and I wasn't sure what they meant. Example - Create a program that must perform an initialization sequence. And I was supposed to code this.

Interview Questions

• Length of an array after removing duplicate elements.
      Design a thread safe queue for handling some read and write functions.   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Libertyville, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Small interview room with multiple people visiting. Each person was from a different area of expertise, ie tester, developer, manager. I was asked some of the most technically challenging questions I have ever been asked which comprised 40 percent of the interview and 40 percent on my resume and work history and 20 percent on working preferences.

Interview Questions

• Engineering Puzzle: on an analog clock at 3 o'clock angle between the big hand and the little hand is 90 degrees. What is the angle at 3:15?   3 Answers