Motorola Mobility Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.9

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Typical interview. Explained the day to day functions of the department. Discussed short and long term business plans. Wanted an example of how I was able to resolve a difficult customer issue in the past. I received an email 2 weeks later that they had selected a different candidate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (New York, NY).

Interview

Preliminary interview followed by on site interview. The first one was formal and the second one was a mix of formal and casual. Average level of difficulty. Met the team.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process is like another piece of data, and I believe it's a glimpse into how a company runs and what it will be like to work there.

First you have a phone interview with the HR manager, and then a phone interview with the hiring manager, and if that goes well, they ask you to come in for a in-person portfolio review with the team (6 people) + 4 additional 1:1 interviews.

Afterwards, I never heard back from anyone, even after I emailed a follow-up - which is frustrating after you spend personal and working time to prepare and interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you ... failed, or had bad results, how did you overcome it.... very typical corporate America questions. Basically, they are looking to hear the right things, so you fit within their environment. You know make this stuff up, and turn your negatives into a positive.   1 Answer

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was pretty technical. Hr person contacted and asked for availability. Then hiring manager called for a phone interview. We spent more than 30 mins on the resume and he was pretty happy. I could see during process. Even before we hangup he offered me to come on site for a full interview. That was my first interview but I did preparw pretty hard and passed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Phone screening by the recruiter and hiring manager. Came onsite to do an in person interview with 6 people and a lunch with the team. All the interviewers were very technical.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions around mobile technologies and understanding of handset related issues.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They did not reimburse me for traveling 150 miles to the nearest airport. I had to repeatedly explain to their representative the location of the nearest airport to my location. They were clearly more interested in hiring someone who was a good talker, than they were interested in someone with good engineering skills.

Interview Questions

• They wanted me to use a Smith Chart to determine impedances for matching.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2016.

Interview

I meet them at a career conference in March, but did not hear back from them until May. Once the interviews started everything moved quicker. The recruiter was pretty accommodating, and wanted to make sure that you had a fair shot at answer moving forward in the process

Interview Questions

• Taking a number, n ,(such as 12345) and being able to store each digit in an array.   Answer Question

A week after the offer they decided to cancel the internship program.

Interaction Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

One on-campus interview followed by two skype interviews. I walked through few of my works on portfolio and there was time to ask questions about Motorola.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were specific to portofolio works   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2016.

Interview

Thought it should be a HR interview but it was actually a tech interview. Ask lots of tech questions about circuit design and computer systems. It is kind of difficult.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

After a initial coding test, I had two back to back technical video interviews. The interviewers weren't very sure of what they wanted and made the experience quite stressful. The second round was especially vague and I wasn't sure what they meant. Example - Create a program that must perform an initialization sequence. And I was supposed to code this.

Interview Questions

• Length of an array after removing duplicate elements.
      Design a thread safe queue for handling some read and write functions.
      1 Answer