Motorola Mobility Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Really nice and friendly people. Interview in 5 rounds. Asked everything on resume and explained their work culture, their project and things i will be doing. Talked about interest and current projects which I am doing.

Interview Questions

• Why an application is not able to connect to the internet?   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

First round: Phone Interview
    Second round: Video Technical Interview
    Third round: onsite Interview

After you apply online, they take couple of weeks and you get a phone Interview and then the process starts accordingly

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions related to IOS or Android depending on the platform you choose   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview followed by face-to-face interview. There are total of 5 interviewer to met. After that, they will vote to determine if the candicate will be hired. During the interview, gerenal questions are asked. They are not too difficult but tricky.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2015.

Interview

A good, friendly process with regular status updates that was filled with details and specifics for the next steps. Expectations were clearly spelled out and also followed up on with an email or hard copy writing doumentation.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was very unorganized. The recruiter set me up with the interview but disappeared, so I was unable to follow up with him. Another recruiter set me up with a face to face to meet with 3 managers. Upon arriving, I found out that emergencies came up with 2 of the managers, another manager had to be found for the interview. I guess I was not on the schedule. We did a Skype with another manager but I could not see her. I could have just spoke to her by phone. All appeared not interested in interviewing!

I followed up and got a call back from a new recruiter that I was still under consideration for the position but later never heard back from anyone. To this date, after a couple of months, I have not received any final feedback on whether I am still under consideration or if the position has been filled. It would have been nice to receive a call or email, instead of being left hanging after investing a lot of time in the interview process with this company.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process consists in a phone screen interview, then in an on-site interview. The phone screen interview is usually done by the hiring manager which will ask you about your technical background and skills in a general way.

The on-site interview involves 3 to 5 people which will ask you questions about your technical background and often related to the role you applied for.

Interview Questions

• Explain and give example of function pointer implementation   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Libertyville, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Small interview room with multiple people visiting. Each person was from a different area of expertise, ie tester, developer, manager. I was asked some of the most technically challenging questions I have ever been asked which comprised 40 percent of the interview and 40 percent on my resume and work history and 20 percent on working preferences.

Interview Questions

• Engineering Puzzle: on an analog clock at 3 o'clock angle between the big hand and the little hand is 90 degrees. What is the angle at 3:15?   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

There were 3 rounds.First was hirepro test.It was basicallly the easiest hirepro exam that i gave till then.In hirepro You will basically get previously asked Gate question.
    Next was technical.It lasted for an hour.The interviewer was very unfriendly with full of attitude.
    Next was again technical .It lasted for 2 hours .Interviewer was very friendly and helped me alot.

Interview Questions

• they concentrated on data structure in that trees(diameter of the tree) graphs(bfs,dfs),linked list(get the intersection point in the linked list and detect and remove loop),array(print the next greater number using the same digits). some basics question like what is volatile,storage class,representaion of an ineteger with minus sign   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campinas, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Campinas, São Paulo (Brazil)) in February 2017.

Interview

A head hunter get in touch with me and ask if I would like to participate in the the process. I said yes. After days waiting any answer I decided by myself to replay my email and only after that I got any answer.
    Next phase was about a long call and many questions such as what you have been done this time, and so on.
    In the final of the interview the recruiter told me next day would send me a programming challenge and it's not a joke I am waiting till now, almost one-month ago.

Sales and Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, then follow-up phone interview and went on to have two on-site interviews - one with several members of the team and one with the person I would be answering to directly. Overall the interviews were pretty standard.