Motorola Mobility Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.9

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was pretty technical. Hr person contacted and asked for availability. Then hiring manager called for a phone interview. We spent more than 30 mins on the resume and he was pretty happy. I could see during process. Even before we hangup he offered me to come on site for a full interview. That was my first interview but I did preparw pretty hard and passed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Phone screening by the recruiter and hiring manager. Came onsite to do an in person interview with 6 people and a lunch with the team. All the interviewers were very technical.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions around mobile technologies and understanding of handset related issues.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They did not reimburse me for traveling 150 miles to the nearest airport. I had to repeatedly explain to their representative the location of the nearest airport to my location. They were clearly more interested in hiring someone who was a good talker, than they were interested in someone with good engineering skills.

Interview Questions

• They wanted me to use a Smith Chart to determine impedances for matching.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2016.

Interview

I meet them at a career conference in March, but did not hear back from them until May. Once the interviews started everything moved quicker. The recruiter was pretty accommodating, and wanted to make sure that you had a fair shot at answer moving forward in the process

Interview Questions

• Taking a number, n ,(such as 12345) and being able to store each digit in an array.   Answer Question

A week after the offer they decided to cancel the internship program.

Interaction Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

One on-campus interview followed by two skype interviews. I walked through few of my works on portfolio and there was time to ask questions about Motorola.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were specific to portofolio works   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2016.

Interview

Thought it should be a HR interview but it was actually a tech interview. Ask lots of tech questions about circuit design and computer systems. It is kind of difficult.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

After a initial coding test, I had two back to back technical video interviews. The interviewers weren't very sure of what they wanted and made the experience quite stressful. The second round was especially vague and I wasn't sure what they meant. Example - Create a program that must perform an initialization sequence. And I was supposed to code this.

Interview Questions

• Length of an array after removing duplicate elements.
      Design a thread safe queue for handling some read and write functions.   1 Answer

Interaction Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Straight forward, had an in person interview, followed by a phone screen with a recruiter, and then two back to back conversations with the design team. There was a long waiting period in between my initial interview and the follow up with a recruiter, but after I heard back the rest of the process only took about a week.

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome working with a group that does not function well together?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2016.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews, pretty standard. First round was a phone screen, followed by a series of 3 back to back telephone interviews, which was the most significant part of the process. This was all followed by one interview with my would-be manager.

Interview Questions

• If you were designing a phone, what material housing would you use, and why?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a very low process. The asked me mostly the typical interview questions. Reviewed my resume with multiple people at multiple times throughout the interview process. Met with multiple personnel on the same day. interview procedure seemed rushed.