Motorola Mobility Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Motorola Mobility Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.9

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2016.

Interview

Thought it should be a HR interview but it was actually a tech interview. Ask lots of tech questions about circuit design and computer systems. It is kind of difficult.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

After a initial coding test, I had two back to back technical video interviews. The interviewers weren't very sure of what they wanted and made the experience quite stressful. The second round was especially vague and I wasn't sure what they meant. Example - Create a program that must perform an initialization sequence. And I was supposed to code this.

Interview Questions

• Length of an array after removing duplicate elements.
      Design a thread safe queue for handling some read and write functions.
      1 Answer

Interaction Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Straight forward, had an in person interview, followed by a phone screen with a recruiter, and then two back to back conversations with the design team. There was a long waiting period in between my initial interview and the follow up with a recruiter, but after I heard back the rest of the process only took about a week.

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome working with a group that does not function well together?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2016.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews, pretty standard. First round was a phone screen, followed by a series of 3 back to back telephone interviews, which was the most significant part of the process. This was all followed by one interview with my would-be manager.

Interview Questions

• If you were designing a phone, what material housing would you use, and why?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a very low process. The asked me mostly the typical interview questions. Reviewed my resume with multiple people at multiple times throughout the interview process. Met with multiple personnel on the same day. interview procedure seemed rushed.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Fair process. It took about 8 weeks so that was long. Tough interviews but they were fair. Met with HR, engineering manager, project manager, engineer director, engineering VP. It was one full day of interviews and then they asked me to come back.

Software Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Plantation, FL).

Interview

One on one with hiring manager then with his supervisor. Met with others from the group to gauge how we would interact to see if it would be a good fit.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

They asked different kinds of questions. They asked programming questions. They gave a problem. They asked to develop an algorithm for the problem. After that they asked to code the algorithm in any language. They also asked a different problem. This problem was from a different area. It seems they don't care if an interviewer has worked in a particular area or not. They just asked questions from an area which they know.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Met recruiter at a career fair in my university. Interviewed over the phone a couple of weeks later for the position. A few days later I was told I did not meet the criteria for the position.

Interview Questions

Interview

Follows process of Google hiring cycle. Very slow
    Applied through a recruiter
    The entire process to complete took about 8 weeks by then i had another offer

Overall good experience. The interviewers were nice and provided hints along the way

Interview Questions

• Google like interview questions - data structures, algos   Answer Question