Motorola Mobility Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.9

New Project Electric Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

30 mins phone interview with one of the manager. Asked about my resume, projects and course work. Also, he asked a lot of technical questions, like: how does the gesture control on MOTO X works; what type of sensors are you familiar with; what do you want to do if you can start a new project, etc. This interview is more about whether you are creative than knowledge learned in school. I was told to have the final round the second day.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between linear regulator and buck converter? When should you use one or other.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview.Tell me about yourself.Go through your resume,projects.
    Explain about previous job projects.
    All basic questions regarding the required job.
    Then technical interview about coding.
    Hr Questions like what do you expect from the company?
    Technical face to face interview with the manager.
    Testing?Types of testing and many more

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

I apply through school program. I got selected for an interview a week after. The interview was on site and lasted for an hour. The manager and 2 other senior engineers screened my resume and asked some basic programming questions.

Interview Questions

• How to divide a squared cake into 4 equal portions by only three slices?   Answer Question

Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Met at a job fair, had a 20, 30 minute interview. I discussed my portfolio, and didn't really ask me any questions beyond those pertaining to my work. Recruiter and current designer were present but it was mostly just talking to the designer (recruiter was taking some notes).

Ecommerce Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2015.

Interview

Just completed first round on hangout for 45minutes , be thorough with any of the projects listed on the resume followed by behavioral questions. Waiting for the reply from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked to choose one project i liked to describe , be sure about what role you played. Then a few behavioral questions like any outstanding achievement. Waiting for the reply.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Tell me about you? Tell her that you have good software background and you are very interested in mobile technology and Motorola. Describe yourself as hungry to learn!
    2. What do you know about Android? Know what Android is. If you learned about it in school – talk about that class and what you learned. If you use an Android device – talk about what android device you have used and describe yourself as a heavy smart phone user.
    3. What classes have you taken? Give a list of software, programming, database etc classes – technical ones. Projects in good detail if asked about.
    4. How many hours can you work? You need to say 40 hours per week and more if needed.
    5. Can you start ASAP? You answer needs to be - Yes, I can start right away.
    6. How long will you commit to the work: You need to tell the interviewer that he/she can count on your for at least 1 year or more.

Devops Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a smooth process. I got a mail from HR for the first interview. After that I had to go through 2 more technical interview on skype. The interviewer were very polite.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions of cloud computing. They asked me about my assignments in cloud computing.
      Why REST apis are used.
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

The interview last about one hour and got the reply after one month.

Interview Questions

• pretty easy interview for an intern and got an offer. Three behavior questions and four technical questions based on your resume.
      The interview last about one hour and got the reply after one month.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Interview involved direct manager as well as cross functional team members. HR is mainly the facilitator and process owner. There at least 3~5 interviewees during the whole process with titles of VP Product to Senior director of user experience design. The company can accommodate off site interview for privacy reason.

Interview Questions

• How do you define user experiences and manage engineering resource?   Answer Question

No Specific Role Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Met them at the university fair. They went over my resume asked me questions about my work. First interview was 30 mins long. It was a mix of both behavorial and techincal questions. For the first 15 minutes it was behavioral and then techincal questions. The interviewer said they'll get back within 2 weeks but haven't heard from them yet (it's been 4 weeks now).

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding my work experience. Then these:
      Why motorola mobilty?What role will you want to work in? Then a techinal question: write a recursive function to give that takes an index number and returns the corresponding Fibonacchi number.
      Answer Question