Motorola Mobility Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I was tested writing some simple ajax calls and jquery with html during an initial phone screen. Didn't remember all the javascript function names off the top of my head but I did psuedocode the problem well able was able to explain how the code worked. The next phone screen was a contrived stack problem of arithmetic with plus minus divide and multiply operators. I painstakingly got the the end of this useless problem with a guy whose done this a million times but wants me to wow him with my thought process like a real googly interview would be. The worst is how this guy droned on and on over his soapbox about how since google to over their company how he wants developers who don't google for help. How ironic. Also felt very rushed on the last phone screen.

Web Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Sourced by an internal talent scout for a position at the Chicago office working with SCRUMs to replatform their MotoX E-Commerce experience. Threw out some red flags on fit during initial contact but was moved forward nevertheless.

The next week as passed off to HR for an initial Hangout with a distinguished engineer within the organization and we totally clicked so I was called in for on-site interviews in their space in the Mart.

Just prior to the on-site, about a week later, received a call where HR explained the interviews might seem strange because Mobility was still using the hiring process left behind from Google's apparent patent grab, before Mobility became foreign owned.

About another week went by and I had the on-site. The process reminded me of the interview I had for a Web leadership role I held out in the 'burbs for three years back in '06. Five ~1 hour back-to-back 1<>1 interviews in a room with idea paint. There were no actual coding questions given. As suggested in other Glassdoor reviews just mostly questions about my accomplishments; it would have been nice to pair on some code rather than spill all my ideas on a board.

Was told by HR they'd be debriefing on me several days later, which to me already seemed too late. At this point the role was still undecided. Then I waited. And waited...

4 weeks after my on-site I had a friend put in a recommendation with a Mobility SVP, who asked me to pass along my resume so I did.

Within the next week I received a call from HR. The conversation was curt, and I was given little feedback and told my tech skills were less than par and that they were "pursuing other candidates" for the role.

When I dug in a little in a response email I learned the debrief weeks earlier was not favorable, which made me feel as though they could have told me sooner. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• Given this terrible-looking code we found in our code base tell us what it does.   1 Answer

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process took over 5 weeks. I was interviewed by a recruiter, then a 4-hour in person interview which I interviewed with 4 employees including management (I drove 3 hours to attend the interview). This was followed by another phone interview by a senior manager. I was then told that Motorola hires by commitee and that there would be 3 commitees that would have to meet to review my information: an employee review, a management review, and a compensation review. Throughout the entire process I was told I was the standout candidate and even received an email stating that I had been recommended for the final senior management review, which doesn't happen unless they were serious about hiring. After all of this over 5 weeks, the recruiter contacted me to tell me they reduced the experience requirement for the position (essentially telling me I was over qualified) and to keep in touch for future positions.

New Project Electric Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

30 mins phone interview with one of the manager. Asked about my resume, projects and course work. Also, he asked a lot of technical questions, like: how does the gesture control on MOTO X works; what type of sensors are you familiar with; what do you want to do if you can start a new project, etc. This interview is more about whether you are creative than knowledge learned in school. I was told to have the final round the second day.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between linear regulator and buck converter? When should you use one or other.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview.Tell me about yourself.Go through your resume,projects.
    Explain about previous job projects.
    All basic questions regarding the required job.
    Then technical interview about coding.
    Hr Questions like what do you expect from the company?
    Technical face to face interview with the manager.
    Testing?Types of testing and many more

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

I apply through school program. I got selected for an interview a week after. The interview was on site and lasted for an hour. The manager and 2 other senior engineers screened my resume and asked some basic programming questions.

Interview Questions

• How to divide a squared cake into 4 equal portions by only three slices?   Answer Question

Ecommerce Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2015.

Interview

Just completed first round on hangout for 45minutes , be thorough with any of the projects listed on the resume followed by behavioral questions. Waiting for the reply from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked to choose one project i liked to describe , be sure about what role you played. Then a few behavioral questions like any outstanding achievement. Waiting for the reply.   Answer Question

Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Met at a job fair, had a 20, 30 minute interview. I discussed my portfolio, and didn't really ask me any questions beyond those pertaining to my work. Recruiter and current designer were present but it was mostly just talking to the designer (recruiter was taking some notes).

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Tell me about you? Tell her that you have good software background and you are very interested in mobile technology and Motorola. Describe yourself as hungry to learn!
    2. What do you know about Android? Know what Android is. If you learned about it in school – talk about that class and what you learned. If you use an Android device – talk about what android device you have used and describe yourself as a heavy smart phone user.
    3. What classes have you taken? Give a list of software, programming, database etc classes – technical ones. Projects in good detail if asked about.
    4. How many hours can you work? You need to say 40 hours per week and more if needed.
    5. Can you start ASAP? You answer needs to be - Yes, I can start right away.
    6. How long will you commit to the work: You need to tell the interviewer that he/she can count on your for at least 1 year or more.

Devops Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a smooth process. I got a mail from HR for the first interview. After that I had to go through 2 more technical interview on skype. The interviewer were very polite.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions of cloud computing. They asked me about my assignments in cloud computing.
      Why REST apis are used.