Motorola Mobility Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Motorola Mobility Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in December 2014.

Interview

This is a contractor Job, went through third party. Motoola will call for a phone interview. Then they said they will open a req for me , I waited two weeks before everything went through

Interview Questions

• Why you think your previous experiences made you a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

I met the hiring manager of Motorola at a job fair held by my university and was contacted for an interview after a month or two. I was contacted after a month or two and had a phone interview with the same person that I met at the fair and another engineer that he was with. They asked me pretty standard and behavioral questions, some of the same as in the in-person interview below. I don't remember the phone interview as much as the in-person.The in-person interview was actually quite difficult and lasted almost an hour. I spoke with about 4 different people and with multiple at the same time.

Questions they asked me:
    1) What classes are you currently taking?
    2) What's your biggest strength?
    3) What's your biggest weakness?
    4) How are you classes going?
    5) If you were at a stoplight and the light failed to turn green for a longer than normal amount of time, what would you do? ( I said turn right then make a U-turn =P )
    6) Tell me about a time in which you did not get along with someone, and how did you handle it?
    7) Tell me about a time in which you took charge or were in charge...
    8) They explained to me what the company does at that office, after he asked me what I've learned or what I didn't know or what I liked about the company(I guess to see if I was listening, which is hard to do when nervous).

And some technical questions:
    1) He showed me an inductor connected to a DC voltage source. Close to the aforementioned inductor was another one that was connected to a resistor. He asked for the voltage in the resistor. This one I got correct, the answer is 0 V because the source was DC. The source has AC in order to create a magnetic field in the inductors which results in induced current in the inductor/resistor connection and a voltage seen across the resistor.
    2) I was shown a square within another square and asked how many squares where there. I guessed and got this one incorrect because I had never seen it before. Don't remember the answer. There was an equation that I had to know to solve the problem, but he just wanted to see how I worked through it I suppose.

Interview Questions

• The stoplight one as aforementioned and the square question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Two rounds onsite interview, all of them are your future teammate or your director. And as an entry-level position, they will not ask you very difficult question. But you need to be familiar with the technical things on your resume, because most of questions they ask is based on your resume. Most of the questions is technical ones, they just asked one behavior question, "tell me about you".

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Applied online. First got a phone interview, in which I was asked about my interests and what teams I would be interested in joining. Later had phone interviews answering general coding questions. There wasn't really anything out of the ordinary. Code was done over google doc. Phone interviews were around an hour long.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me a month or so before graduation. There was a video chat interview where there was one goggle doc based programming question to find out different permutations of a give string. Then after that there was one more phone interview which consisted of a bunch of oral technical questions, no coding involved. Then they flew me out to their HQ in chicago where I went through 4 rounds of technical interviews. I aced almost all of them except for one where I faltered. After a couple of days the recruiter called saying that I did very well but they would rather hire a phD grad.

Interview Questions

• For a given 2d bitmap, find out the end points of a region that has only 1s and return true if those end points form a rectangle.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Interview

I went through staffing agency. Process took a week and had direct face to face interview. No phone interview. Asked questions from my resume and some general test questions. Know your stuff.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

2 hour in-person Interview with 4 managers / supervisors. Recruiter contacts me with position > I agree to apply for position > Employer reads resume and wants to interview > Called in for interviews > Interviewed each manager / supervisor individually. Called to be hired. Started work. I asked each interviewer what their experiences have been with the company and how they find their work meaningful and satisfying.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of testing processes.   1 Answer

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Had to create a case study presentation for a problem they wanted to solve. Had 3 days to do it. Was excessive work for not getting paid for it. And they used it in real life application.

Interview Questions

• Review upcoming launch campaign and provide design feedback.   Answer Question

Inventory Control Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Inventory Manager asked me "how well do you work with difficult people?" and that should have indicated to me the hostile environment I was stepping into. None of his questions pertained to the actual job I performed, and I had no idea what the job was going to be when I walked in my first day, despite my asking multiple questions during the interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online and got an email from them. They were prompt in replying and set up the interview. The first interview was a general interview. They asked questions about things mentioned on the resume. They asked about education and different programming languages. Second interview was technical.

Interview Questions

• Some questions were easy. But they asked some questions which were not related to resume.   Answer Question