Motorola Mobility Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.9

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process consists in a phone screen interview, then in an on-site interview. The phone screen interview is usually done by the hiring manager which will ask you about your technical background and skills in a general way.

The on-site interview involves 3 to 5 people which will ask you questions about your technical background and often related to the role you applied for.

Interview Questions

• Explain and give example of function pointer implementation   Answer Question

Design Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Got invitation from their HR. The first phone screen interview last for 30 mins, mostly talked about sponsorship and past experiences. The second phone interview with their team member last about 45 mins. Then I got an invitation for on-site interview 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot behavior questions and my working process.   Answer Question

Consumer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

There was a panel interview with some pretty high ranking people on the leadership team. Tough crowd, but great questions and valuable insight. It was an all day process and you have to be submitted to the senior leadership team for the ultimate approval for any position. Unfortunately depending on the changes in the company this could take some time. For me between the interview and the offer it was roughly 6 months before coming on board.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to become a part of the organization?   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I had applied via staffig agency.
    Had a discussion with staffing people about my background,my masters and technical skills.I had a telephonic interview by testing team.They asked general questions about my resume, my projects and other technical skills.
    After 2/3 days it was followed by technical skype interview.Testing related questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, About academic projects, types of testing,selenium questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was mainly about algorithm questions, but with 6 different people.

Interview Questions

• I spent a lot of tim eon the first question.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I have applied the job through a recruiter. And the process is quite fast. Set up a online code interview. Was asked for the top k elements question.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

applied online , after a week got a call from HR asking me about language of coding,and discussed few things about my resume. after 2 week got call for my first interview: asking me about various OOPS concept ,then give a coding question to mirror the image . a few days back got call for second round ,in this he had given me a coding question to find out the cavity in xray image of teeth. interview went well but i think they dont want to hire.

Interview Questions

• coding question to find out the cavity in x-ray image of teeth.   Answer Question

Lead Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with HR and then scheduled onsite for next week. Met with 5 people for 45 mins each.. Mostly about experience past, case study questions, statistics questions and behavioral questions... I Have not heard anything positive from them yet..

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Technical recruiter contacted me. after that I had 5 technical interviews

1 interview - asked all possible questions on the technologies I had mentioned on my resume. quesion on javascript , jquery , java , asked to write a sql query and code to reverse the string.

2 interview - asked about my academic projects and experience. write longest prefix in the given list of strings

3rd interview - this guy was bit rude. He asked me to write sql query. Stack implementation. he insisted me to write code in C (I am good at Java). Using the same stack impl , reverse the array of integers. questions on semphore and TCP 3 way handshake

after this recruiter was changed

4th - Weird experience. This guy called me 15 mins late. He gave two question. I didnt give me any explanation. I had to assume everything. I wrote code. Did not comment anything on it . Just accepted them. He hardly spoke with me

5th - This one was the most interesting. pure technical. gave me a problem , asked me to understand and give the data structure to use and then to implement. He constantly talked with me. gave me hint when necessary.

First recruiter was very kind and helpful. Second one was unorganized , rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Some javascript statement ( trim()) and asked me the output of that.   Answer Question

Android Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

This interview was the 1st round for the role of android application developer. It was a phone interview with four people (2 from chicago, 1 from canada..).

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions on android application development lifecycle.

How different is the java used in android application compared to java applications ?

Which mobile application is better android or ios ?   Answer Question