Motorola Mobility Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Motorola Mobility Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2016.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews, pretty standard. First round was a phone screen, followed by a series of 3 back to back telephone interviews, which was the most significant part of the process. This was all followed by one interview with my would-be manager.

Interview Questions

• If you were designing a phone, what material housing would you use, and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Mobility

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Pre-interview process felt rushed (scheduling flights, day of onsite, etc). Interviewed with 3 groups of engineers. 2 techincal, one behavioral. Also got to meet director of engineering. Took entire day. The interview was not the most technical one I've been to, wish there was more insight into the daily role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Plantation, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

I have applied online for new grad entry level position at Motorola. I have not heard from then in these 2 weeks. I am not sure how long is their interviewing process? Any idea or suggestions?

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2007.

Interview

Talked to a MOT recruiter at a job fair back in 2007. Scheduled an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of 4 one on one interviews. One with HR, and three with Sr. level Engineers. the technical interviews were challenging, but fair. I answered the majority of their questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe the differences between a BJT and MOSFET, and the applications each would be chosen for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary and sign on bonus, but was not able to budge them on Vacation. They offered 2 weeks and I asked for three weeks. In MOT you don't get a third week of PTO (Paid time off) until you've been there 8 yrs.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in February 2009.

Interview

phone interview
    11 interview to talk perfessional staff
    boss interview free talk

Interview Questions

Negotiation

background is very important