Motorola Mobility Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I'm actually kicking myself a little for not landing this job. As far as questions go, they were almost all softball/undergrad level questions. I had 6 interviewers, 4 from managers and 2 technical, 5 of them were polite and professional. The last one was a technical interviewer who looked quite unhappy to be interviewing me and would often interrupt and talk over me when I was trying to answer him. Considering it was the 6th hour my interview process, I would hope he would give me some time to write out my answers. However, before I could finish, he would often lean over and begin to cross out and write over my answers. At one point he said, "if you claim to have learned JAVA, then you should know singleton classes." This, to be honest, was a bit hurtful as it felt as though he was attacking my credibility and intelligence. When he attempted to explain it to me, I felt as though he couldn't give a good example as he tried to state something about using a private modifier when I believe he was trying to mention the keyword static. Overall, I liked the experience. One out of six interviews was not difficult, but unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• Switch the nth digit of a binary number. Ex. for 1101 if you switch the 3rd digit it becomes 1011.   1 Answer
    • The typical 12 objects, 1 with different weight question.   1 Answer
    • What is a singleton class.   1 Answer

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (San Diego, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

what deblocking filter have you used?

Interview Questions

• There are three images. What parameters do you use to determine the sharpest one?   Answer Question