Motorola Mobility Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Motorola Mobility Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Follows process of Google hiring cycle. Very slow
Applied through a recruiter
The entire process to complete took about 8 weeks by then i had another offer

Overall good experience. The interviewers were nice and provided hints along the way

Interview Questions

• Google like interview questions - data structures, algos   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Mobility

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I'm actually kicking myself a little for not landing this job. As far as questions go, they were almost all softball/undergrad level questions. I had 6 interviewers, 4 from managers and 2 technical, 5 of them were polite and professional. The last one was a technical interviewer who looked quite unhappy to be interviewing me and would often interrupt and talk over me when I was trying to answer him. Considering it was the 6th hour my interview process, I would hope he would give me some time to write out my answers. However, before I could finish, he would often lean over and begin to cross out and write over my answers. At one point he said, "if you claim to have learned JAVA, then you should know singleton classes." This, to be honest, was a bit hurtful as it felt as though he was attacking my credibility and intelligence. When he attempted to explain it to me, I felt as though he couldn't give a good example as he tried to state something about using a private modifier when I believe he was trying to mention the keyword static. Overall, I liked the experience. One out of six interviews was not difficult, but unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• Switch the nth digit of a binary number. Ex. for 1101 if you switch the 3rd digit it becomes 1011.   1 Answer
    • The typical 12 objects, 1 with different weight question.   1 Answer
    • What is a singleton class.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Lowell, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

this review applies to Motorola Mobility - a Motorola spin-off, which is somehow still in Motorola's corporate structure.
    After 1 phone screen was invited for an on-site interview with a group of engineers (4 total). Prior to the interview had to fill a long application form. Interviews were average, no difficult technical questions, very friendly. Took me around the place and labs. I was unimpressed with the work environment - small dark cubicles. I didn't feel excited about either the environment or the work they are doing. There was a little test they asked me to write. It was pretty easy, except for the ObjectiveC part, in which I didn't claim any knowledge.
    I rate this interview as a positive, as I liked all the people, the questions were relevant and to the point, and the attitude was friendly. I was not interested in pursuing this position, and, apparently, the feeling was mutual.

Interview Questions

• In the test there was a C code snippet, I you are asked to find a semantic error in the code.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone screen followed by onsite with 3 managers. Questions focused mainly on tech aspects with one manager reviewing behavioral aspects needed for the role such as inter group coordination skills. Coding questions on C /embedded skills.

Interview Questions

• - coding questions on array manipulation
      - questions on tech projects listed in the resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (San Diego, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

phone call and a bunch of tests

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Took 4-5 weeks. Initial phone interview and then flown to location for panel interview and 1*1 interviews with senior engineers and managers.

Questions were mostly technical. They ask for past experience and ask current issues to see your methodology on solving skills. They see how good do you fit in the team and work with cross-functional teams.

Interview Questions

• Describe your coding skills and digital hardware engineering skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview - Search algorithm, Qs based on projects
    On site:
    Round 1: Based on Android fundamentals, previous work
    Round 2: Algorithm based on array manipulation, another in string algo.
    Round 3: Concurrency, threads based fundamentals, reader/writer
    Round 4: Graphics, bitmap fundamentals
    Round 5: Open ended Qs - analysis.

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Libertyville, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

referred by an employee. brought in to a interview with everyone in the group ( 7 people in total). I had very similar intership experience before this job. so there was no difficult tech question for me. within a few weeks received the offer

Interview Questions

• no many very difficult question. basically just asked about the previous experience to see if you get what they are looking for   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Call from recruiter, call from hiring manager, call from team member

Interview Questions

• Big Oh notation for insertion, deletion and look up for array, linked list, tree   Answer Question
    • Design file system using OO   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Plantation, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

I am a fresher and we talked about various projects I did. I had 5 rounds where they explained how many teams are involved in the project and which team does what. The office was pretty informal and everyone was approachable and friendly. The interview procedure was also pretty informal.

Interview Questions

• A C program question to identify errors in the code   1 Answer