Motorola Mobility Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Motorola Mobility Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I'm actually kicking myself a little for not landing this job. As far as questions go, they were almost all softball/undergrad level questions. I had 6 interviewers, 4 from managers and 2 technical, 5 of them were polite and professional. The last one was a technical interviewer who looked quite unhappy to be interviewing me and would often interrupt and talk over me when I was trying to answer him. Considering it was the 6th hour my interview process, I would hope he would give me some time to write out my answers. However, before I could finish, he would often lean over and begin to cross out and write over my answers. At one point he said, "if you claim to have learned JAVA, then you should know singleton classes." This, to be honest, was a bit hurtful as it felt as though he was attacking my credibility and intelligence. When he attempted to explain it to me, I felt as though he couldn't give a good example as he tried to state something about using a private modifier when I believe he was trying to mention the keyword static. Overall, I liked the experience. One out of six interviews was not difficult, but unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• Switch the nth digit of a binary number. Ex. for 1101 if you switch the 3rd digit it becomes 1011.   1 Answer
  • The typical 12 objects, 1 with different weight question.   1 Answer
  • What is a singleton class.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Mobility

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Lowell, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

this review applies to Motorola Mobility - a Motorola spin-off, which is somehow still in Motorola's corporate structure.
    After 1 phone screen was invited for an on-site interview with a group of engineers (4 total). Prior to the interview had to fill a long application form. Interviews were average, no difficult technical questions, very friendly. Took me around the place and labs. I was unimpressed with the work environment - small dark cubicles. I didn't feel excited about either the environment or the work they are doing. There was a little test they asked me to write. It was pretty easy, except for the ObjectiveC part, in which I didn't claim any knowledge.
    I rate this interview as a positive, as I liked all the people, the questions were relevant and to the point, and the attitude was friendly. I was not interested in pursuing this position, and, apparently, the feeling was mutual.

Interview Questions

• In the test there was a C code snippet, I you are asked to find a semantic error in the code.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Call from recruiter, call from hiring manager, call from team member

Interview Questions

• Big Oh notation for insertion, deletion and look up for array, linked list, tree   Answer Question
    • Design file system using OO   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Murray, UT) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview process as a simple phone interview and then a face to face interview.
    The interview was the panel type, but there where no preplanned questions. The Interview felt more like a stump the candidate session instead of focusing on past work experience and education.
    During the interview it was clear that the job responsibilities where more entry level despite the title of Senior software engineer.
    After the interview HR called me, I told them I was no longer interested in the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Had a phone interview w/ the technical recruiter first. The interview lasted an hour with various questions regarding threads, concurrency, etc. Later, had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Asked questions about Servlet scalability, Java synchronization , java.nio interface, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are the scalability limitations of Servlets.   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between synchronized and volatile in Java?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2009.

Interview

They asked most my previous working experience. 'Why I think it is a good fit with the postion. Tell them a situation you have a different opinion on a techinical issue with your boss/teammate. How do you handle it.
    Tell me what is the biggest accomplishment in the last 6 month.

Interview Questions

• why you think you are a good fit of the position   Answer Question
    • Tell me an example your opinion is different from your co-worker/boss on a technical issue.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

Recruiter called and scheduled the interview. Had to make own arrangement to travel. It was a straightforward resume based round. Asked about interests, past projects and technical experience.
    In the end the interviewer was looking for a different profile (skills based). I think they wanted more Android experience. So I knew i wouldn't get another call. And as expected I didn't get another call.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Could you explain about Project A, project B, etc. Resume based