Motorola Mobility Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Motorola Mobility Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2011.

Interview

1 year Contract position with possible extension. First interview was on the phone, few little technical questions but nothing hard. They asked me about my past projects and what languages I am the most comfortable with and explained me who and what they are looking for regarding their upcoming project.
After that I got an on-site interview, 3x45 minutes, most of it technical with few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• with Java, can we use pointer in function arguments as we do in C++?   1 Answer
  • In Java, can we override a function using less or more argument as we do in C++?   Answer Question
  • Write a Multi-Threaded read - write application accessing a file.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I am negotiating the salary through an agency, not directly with Motorola, that makes things harder !

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Mobility

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

Recruiter called and scheduled the interview. Had to make own arrangement to travel. It was a straightforward resume based round. Asked about interests, past projects and technical experience.
    In the end the interviewer was looking for a different profile (skills based). I think they wanted more Android experience. So I knew i wouldn't get another call. And as expected I didn't get another call.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Could you explain about Project A, project B, etc. Resume based
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in January 2011.

Interview

It was ten years ago, looks not applicable to now. Normally it will have phone screen and several cycle of tech interview(1:1) which will take half day. one or two days after interview, you will know the result.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked the design patterns(such as what's the difference between adapter and bridge) and ask you to talk about previous projects and asked some behavior questions(How to face challenge, and if too much work to do, what will you do).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Can negotiate the offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2010.

Interview

The hiring manager did a 30 minutes phone screen to understand my expertise and reasons for looking a new job. No tough questions during the phone screen process. On site interview was scheduled a week after. It was an 6 member interview team that consisted of 3 embedded software engineers and three managers because I was looking for either an engineering position or software manger position. The technical interviewers asked detailed questions about software design, development and debug. For example: if you do not have a debug tool that can help to track down the bug you are looking for, what do you do to resolve it? The questions were mostly stayed at high level and did not go into deep details in any of the area.

Interview Questions

• If your upper management aska you to deliver a mission critical feature in one week and you know that feature will take at least one month to develop, what do you do?   Answer Question

I got better offer from other companies.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2009.

Interview

1> One Technical Interview
    2> HR Round

Interview Questions

• Normal Subject related Questions
      Memory allocation, Void Pointer, Brew Questions,
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Notice Period Buy out ( that itself included my Bonus from previous Company)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in September 2008.

Interview

met with 3 engineers who asked couple of questions about previous experience, programming skills....

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Saint Petersburg (Russia)) in January 2008.

Interview

Phone call only since I was from another city. After 2nd calls they made me an offer.
    First interview - technical. Common tech questions on OS (processes vs threads), data structures (trees/arrays/graphs), algorithms (traversal).
    Second - on my expectations, why I was leaving my current employer, etc... HR is very nice but know its job when salary is negotiated (anything you said why do you want to change your job will be used against you :) ).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for salary 15% more that you expect you get eventually.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2008.

Interview

interview process is very cool
    i just had one technical round taken by two people and then I had HR round

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Saint Petersburg (Russia)) in March 2007.

Interview

The interview was great. I was introduced to GSG-Russia office in Spb and interviewed first by HR lady. She asked me general questions like my future work expectations, my salary expectations etc. When she made an introduction of GSG Russia Motorola's office and asked me about my current workplace. She also asked a tricky question about why I would like to change a job etc.
    After that I was introduced to another room for my technical interview. Two IT guys, team lead and project lead, asked me to tell about my current job, my favorite tasks etc. After that we gone through basic OO questions and some questions about how to optimize performance.
    On the next day I received an offer from Motorola on senior-developer position.