Motorola Mobility Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Motorola Mobility Software Developer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I was tested writing some simple ajax calls and jquery with html during an initial phone screen. Didn't remember all the javascript function names off the top of my head but I did psuedocode the problem well able was able to explain how the code worked. The next phone screen was a contrived stack problem of arithmetic with plus minus divide and multiply operators. I painstakingly got the the end of this useless problem with a guy whose done this a million times but wants me to wow him with my thought process like a real googly interview would be. The worst is how this guy droned on and on over his soapbox about how since google to over their company how he wants developers who don't google for help. How ironic. Also felt very rushed on the last phone screen.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Mobility

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is long but worth the wait. There were 4 rounds including the initial half an hour screening. Rest 3 were technical rounds with good logical questions. Interviewers were technical people from the team, very well behaved and patient. There was a mild discussion about my background and what I want to do throughout the interview. The interviews were awesome. If the decisions came a bit, life would be easier.

Interview Questions

• How would you find all the phone numbers in a given document?
      Android application development and testing question. Not too deep though.
      Given a 2-D array, given the best solution to detect if a given word can be extracted of the 2-D array. The word can be in any direction. left to right, right to left, top to bottom, bottom to top or the diagonals.   Answer Question