Motorola Solutions Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Interview

Very relaxed interview in a stress free environment. The person interviewing me was very pleasant to talked to and made the my experience much better than anticipated. They asked me to tell them about myself and then proceeded with a few technical questions.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Campus interview where they asked behavioral questions, basic pre-screening. Called into the Chicago office where I interviewed with 3 different managers where they asked basic questions about my interests and my technical background. Didn't go too in depth with technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on that you were really proud of.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect - New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got an interview call 3 months later. After 2 rounds of interview - on hangouts and on-site, the managers were very positive. But 2 weeks later, I received an email from the HR saying they can't offer the job as they don't need anyone who needs sponsorship in the future to work in this country.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR recruiter within hours of submittal. The recruiter was calling on behalf of the hiring manager who wanted to schedule a phone interview ASAP. The recruiter was very enthusiastic and quick to respond, thorough in providing details of the job and expectations (noted that MSI was moving to downtown Chicago and the position would be based there). The phone interview w/the hiring manager was less than impressive; first, he didn't have a copy of my resume so it's doubtful he knew anything about my background or why he was talking to me. Secondly, his description of the job had a completely different emphasis than what the recruiter described which is also what was published online. The interview was short, not productive and ended with the hiring manager just saying: "Okay, well, let's stay in touch..." I was skeptical about MSI prior to be called and the experience told me that that skepticism was borne out in the process. MSI is no longer the company it was. It's a shell that's focused on EBITDA and nothing more.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was good so far.The process took 4 weeks till now. I am Scheduled for in person next week for next week. I was asked for more of technical questions so far with few behavioral questions.Any suggestions or comments that could help are appreciated.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position online and about five days later received a phone call to set up a phone interview for later that day. The gentleman called back with 3 other people in the room so it was a group panel phone interview. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of each person asking questions about my resume and my project management experience. The questions were easy to answer and one interviewer even stated that there was no question that I have "this project management thing down". I asked questions about what a resource would need to know and do to succeed in the role and the main guy fumbled over his answer and basically just read the job description back to me. I asked if all candidates would be contacted whether they got the job or not and he told me yes, however I have not heard anything in weeks so I am guessing I won't be moving on to the next step in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that Motorola has created that you are impressed with?   Answer Question

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Was called by the finance department head, it was very informal and done in 30 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary, it was purely an evaluation of your background and skills.

Mobile Developer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

HR contacted me to set up a on-site interview. Actually two interviewers was not present. Typical questions that weren't too difficult. the ask me some algorithm questions and network architecture question.

Interview Questions

• What Networking Frameworks are you familiar with / prefer?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer, Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with three people each for 45 minutes. It was all about behavioral. What is your weakness, your strength, and with who you don't like to work? Which situation you faced was critical and how did you solve it? Are you worked vefore with a team? Describe yourself? If we asked your advisor how he will describe you?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What do you know about Motorola? Why you'd like to work with us? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Global Process Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume for the position online. An internally recruiter contacted me a few days later for an in person interview in Schaumburg, IL. The recruiter mistakenly thought that someone had pre-screened me which no one did. I requested a phone screen instead of going directly in for an in person to ensure it was the right position. Had the phone screen with the hiring manager. All seemed ok. Contacted by the same internal recruiter for the in person. Internal recruiter setup the face to face with hiring manager and a few peers. I arrived for my interview and recruiter gave me the wrong door number. Left message for recruiter who did not call back minutes before the interview. Met with hiring manager who was very professional. Seemed like a genuinely good person who went through the Motorola Solution organization setup. After meeting with him I met with 2 of his peers which went ok. More of conversation as opposed to Q & A. Met back with the hiring manager for another 30min. Left the interview and was told they would look to make a decision within the week. I contacted the recruiter that Friday just to see if they were still looking to make a decision same week. Again the internal recruiter could not contact me back which was very unprofessional of the recruiter. It is 2 weeks since the interview and the recruiter could not even as a professional close me out if I was not chosen as a candidate. Motorola Internal Recruiting needs to be trained on how to handle potential candidates are presented offer and if not how to professionally close them out.

Interview Questions

• What experience do I have developing processes?   1 Answer