Motorola Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.8

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was good so far.The process took 4 weeks till now. I am Scheduled for in person next week for next week. I was asked for more of technical questions so far with few behavioral questions.Any suggestions or comments that could help are appreciated.

Android Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through Linkedin.
    Recruiter Contacted me to set up a phone interview.
    The person who called me didn't even know he was supposed to interview me.
    I gave the interview in may, haven't received any response. They don't respond to emails also.

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

That was not a application related at first.The interviewer was not present to take my call so i talked to someone else he was just streching time that the interviewer can come.It was almost 40 minutes timepass.After that a lead developer take the interview process in his hands.He asked me some basic questions about android,my career and qualifaction .Than he was browsing puzzles/riddles for me.Technical interview was not technical at all.And then i get email from recruiter that they do not have requirement according to my skills.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position online and about five days later received a phone call to set up a phone interview for later that day. The gentleman called back with 3 other people in the room so it was a group panel phone interview. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of each person asking questions about my resume and my project management experience. The questions were easy to answer and one interviewer even stated that there was no question that I have "this project management thing down". I asked questions about what a resource would need to know and do to succeed in the role and the main guy fumbled over his answer and basically just read the job description back to me. I asked if all candidates would be contacted whether they got the job or not and he told me yes, however I have not heard anything in weeks so I am guessing I won't be moving on to the next step in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that Motorola has created that you are impressed with?   Answer Question

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Was called by the finance department head, it was very informal and done in 30 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary, it was purely an evaluation of your background and skills.

Mobile Developer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

HR contacted me to set up a on-site interview. Actually two interviewers was not present. Typical questions that weren't too difficult. the ask me some algorithm questions and network architecture question.

Interview Questions

• What Networking Frameworks are you familiar with / prefer?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Westminster, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online in mid April. A recruiter contacted me a week later to conduct an initial phone screen and set up follow on interviews. My first phone interview with a Sr. Project Manager was a week later. The interview lasted a little over an hour. It was very comfortable. We discussed my background, why I was looking to leave my current position, etc..., overall a very positive experience with an exchange of information. A week later I had another phone interview with a different Sr. PM. Same type of format. Also very comfortable. Very little technical in either interview. These seemed to be more about interpersonal interaction and my ability to hold a conversation. A few days later I was invited for a series of face to face interviews. Motorola took care of all travel arrangements. I flew in the day before and interviewed with 5 different PMs and developers over 6 hours. Emphasis was about the same but with more focus on planning, project management, and managing risk.

Interview Questions

• What is a project manager's main role?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer, Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with three people each for 45 minutes. It was all about behavioral. What is your weakness, your strength, and with who you don't like to work? Which situation you faced was critical and how did you solve it? Are you worked vefore with a team? Describe yourself? If we asked your advisor how he will describe you?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What do you know about Motorola? Why you'd like to work with us? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Plantation, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position before my school's career fair. Went in to mention the position I applied for and the recruiter said he'll send in my physical resume for that position. After a month or so I received a call asking for a phone interview. After my phone interview I received an offer to join for the summer about one week later. They gave me 5 days to respond back but this was the position I was hoping to get anyway so it worked out.

Global Process Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume for the position online. An internally recruiter contacted me a few days later for an in person interview in Schaumburg, IL. The recruiter mistakenly thought that someone had pre-screened me which no one did. I requested a phone screen instead of going directly in for an in person to ensure it was the right position. Had the phone screen with the hiring manager. All seemed ok. Contacted by the same internal recruiter for the in person. Internal recruiter setup the face to face with hiring manager and a few peers. I arrived for my interview and recruiter gave me the wrong door number. Left message for recruiter who did not call back minutes before the interview. Met with hiring manager who was very professional. Seemed like a genuinely good person who went through the Motorola Solution organization setup. After meeting with him I met with 2 of his peers which went ok. More of conversation as opposed to Q & A. Met back with the hiring manager for another 30min. Left the interview and was told they would look to make a decision within the week. I contacted the recruiter that Friday just to see if they were still looking to make a decision same week. Again the internal recruiter could not contact me back which was very unprofessional of the recruiter. It is 2 weeks since the interview and the recruiter could not even as a professional close me out if I was not chosen as a candidate. Motorola Internal Recruiting needs to be trained on how to handle potential candidates are presented offer and if not how to professionally close them out.

Interview Questions

• What experience do I have developing processes?   1 Answer