Motorola Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer On Consoles Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university's job board, I got an email from an engineer about a week later. A couple of weeks after that I had a phone interview with another software engineer. It seemed like it was mostly for them to describe what the role was about and they asked me some very basic programming questions like what are the differences between a linked list and an array. After that they asked if I was still interested and when I would be able to do an on-site interview. The on-site consisted of 2 technical interviews, a lunch break, and a management interview which was a mostly an HR style one. The technical interviews were pretty easy but they asked a lot about formal software development techniques that I wasn't really familiar with so I think that's what I did wrong.

Software Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

1 Technical cum Screening phone interview
    = More like pre-screening call with some emphasis on basic security related concepts
    1 Onsite Interview - 5 rounds ( 3 - Security Related, 2- Development Related)
    = 1st Security Round -> Basic Security Concepts like hashing, encryption, etc.
    = 2nd Security Round -> Designing an application with security in mind. Different question with regards to the same
    =3rd Security Round -> More details discussion about the same.
    =4th and 5th Dev Round -> Basic data structure and algorithm questions, Docker related questions.
    1 Technical Video Interview

Interview Questions

• Various Security Related questions, Key management, Cloud Scale up, Design Application with Security in mind, Hashing and Encryption difference. Docker related questions   Answer Question
    • Different ways to reverse a string, find best day to buy and sell stocks if values are present in each index of the array. Different data structures used at diff. scenarios. REST API related questions.   Answer Question
    • Explain EJB and its advantages, annotations (compile-level and runtime level)
      What all programs can run on JVM?
      Advantages of Java.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions in April 2017.

Interview

Great Human Resources team, precise and prompt.
    However, the next stage comes (came?) with challenges. A telephonic interview. The hiring manager in Chicago called late, the first red flag, and then presented with a curt, strange and strong accent, with poor spoken and communication skills, the questions were not clear, so I ended up repeating, paraphrasing his questions which was an odd challenge. A 30-minute discussion ended up in an hour. The next panel conversation was much better.
    All interviewees must realize Motorola is terribly slow, and runs with an enormous red-tape, so be ready to get gray by the time you come to the acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Prior projects, What will you do in the new org. Basic, ungrasped Project Management questions.   Answer Question

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Had a phone screen where they asked basic behavioral questions about my background and interests. Then a week later, I had a video interview through google hangouts with a few of the engineers at the company. This interview was more or less the same structure as the phone interview, with behavioral questions about my background and interests. There was no technical questions asked. The interviewers were friendly and the overall process was easy and straightforward. About 3 weeks later I got an email saying they would no longer pursue me as a candidate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a good initial conversation with HR, but then missed initial call from Hiring manager. Tried leaving Hiring manager and HR messages to coordinate a date & time to continue with interview process, but never received a response. If interview process is a problem, i can't imagine how it is to actually work for this company.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicts with stakeholders & resources?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

It was just a personality based interview. Fairly easy. Most of the questions where about my past. The process was frustrating and unorganized. There were several reschedules. The interviewer was very nice and friendly. The hr representative was also very nice.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

It was like a screening interview to assess what I knew. They asked me about my background, my expectations from the company, my fitness/interest for the position, availability of work, my job duties and few other things.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a screening, technical phone interview, and onsite interview. The onsite interview for this position consisted of two technical rounds with general background questions first (going through resume) and then technical problems.

Interview Questions

• Difference between stack and heap memory, analysis of C code, etc.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Process was very organized and quick. Talk about what they are currently doing and try to explain how you would be a good fit. The interview process is very laid back. 1st interview was a behavioral interview, the second interview will be at one of the three locations ( a little more behavioral not really techy, but still know your stuff just in case)

If you are a college student do not freak out, they are aware that you are graduating college and do not know everything. Just be sure to show how willing you are to learn more about the company and will do a good job.

Interview Questions

• 1)questions about yourself
      2)why you want to work for this company
      3)will walk you through your resume   Answer Question

Associate Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Hr called and asked questions about my background and gave a brief description of the job.
    I was left hanging for 4+ weeks, being told the hiring manager hasn't responded about the next step of a in person interview. Hr didn't answer emails at all, there is no voicemail to leave messages, so good luck with catching her actually answering the phone. She promised phone calls back with updates and never followed through. I guess your not supposed to expect any kind of communication after your initial phone screen, weird!